What's new
What's new

Hardinge Conquest 42 SP experience?

Ox

Diamond
OK, well that is likely just a parameter setting.
Both running Fanuc's eh?

On any of my lathes I can take a face cut, then turn - like you say - but I rapid back to my face point and rapid down in X aggin. I don't typically overshoot like you are saying, and I've never known it to be an issue.

Most of mine are Fanuc (0A through 18iA), one is (old) Mits
Most are Hardinge.

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

gcodeguy

Hot Rolled
OK, well that is likely just a parameter setting.
Both running Fanuc's eh?

On any of my lathes I can take a face cut, then turn - like you say - but I rapid back to my face point and rapid down in X aggin. I don't typically overshoot like you are saying, and I've never known it to be an issue.

Most of mine are Fanuc (0A through 18iA), one is (old) Mits
Most are Hardinge.

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox
If this is a reply to my post, 'Yes", both running Fanuc controls. Old Hardinges OT, newer Hardinges 18T, Lynx 21i. If I remember correctly, Hardinge uses M41/M42 with M42 being positive stop. All our Hardinge lathes have M42 in the Safe Index sub. You can see the turret stop before taking off on the next block.

The Daewoo Lynx are the lathes that will hit the front of the part as the turret moves down in X (turning O.D.) if you don't use a dwell or blank block.

Mike RzMachine

Cast Iron
I'm gathering tooling for this lathe and didn't grasp the distinction between hardinge hqc and flex-c/royal qg/microcentric.
I found my oversight when I bought an hqc mount and draw tube in new condition, luckily not expensive. Before grabbing some nos collets to get started, are there any fundamental flaws with the hqc system other than being proprietary and not very common?