What's new
What's new

Hardinge Conquest V1000/Mitsubishi M70 Control "Y20" Contactor Issue

theBrumanchu

Plastic
Good afternoon all,

I recently and unexpectedly took over a business and I'm trying to get everything back online. I cannot find the CD with the manuals on it.

I have contacted Clausing support but have received little help.

This is what we've got:
Model: Hardinge Conquest V1000
N/C Model: M70V
Schematic Diagram: GXR 822M70VE

The batteries died while the machine was powered off. I replaced those but immediately got:
"Z70 Abs posn error(servo alm 25)" and,
"Y20 Contactor operation abnormal."

Somehow, I cleared the contactor alarm and was able to get the machine out of emergency mode, reset the axes, and ran the spindle. All seemed fine.

The next day, on start up, machine threw the Y20 contactor alarm(see attached NM Messages.jpg) again with a magazine reference error(PLC Messages.jpg) and I was unable to recover it.

Today, I received the same messages however the Y20 contactor alarm read, "Y20 Contactor operation abnormal 0012 0003" instead of the 0001 I got before.

Does anybody have the schematic diagram or any idea what is going on and how I can fix it?

Thanks,
Bruce

Attachments

• NC Messages.jpg
    NC Messages.jpg
    780.3 KB · Views: 2
  • PLC Messages.jpg
    PLC Messages.jpg
    678.6 KB · Views: 2
Attached is the electrical manual I have access to, can't assist you on the electrical side, I mainly do Turning applications however am a little familiar with the mills from the applications side.
You can try to contact the Hardinge service team at their email address of [email protected] they may be able to assist.

1714742035555.png

Attachments

• ELECTRICAL MANUAL GX 000822M70V-Isu. B5 (2017.09).pdf
    6.8 MB · Views: 4
Attached is the electrical manual I have access to, can't assist you on the electrical side, I mainly do Turning applications however am a little familiar with the mills from the applications side.
You can try to contact the Hardinge service team at their email address of [email protected] they may be able to assist.

View attachment 438377
Thank you Tom, that's a huge help to get pointed in the right direction.

Back