What's new
What's new

Hardinge HLV-H DRO mount (photos)

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
What I really wanted was original equipment Hardinge stand but since they no longer sell them (and lord knows what it would cost even if they did) I concocted what you see here, using standard 1" iron pipe, 1" "floor flange", standard cap along with a standard issue 90 bend Acu-Rite fabrication. So as not to look like pipe, I covered it with standard 1 1/2" PVC. Will paint the tubing black when I get some proper plastic paint.

thumbnail-7.jpegthumbnail-3.jpeg
I made a 2" long bushing from 1" round stock to mount over the welded stud of the below bracket...fitted between the inside of the cap with locking nuts so as the bracket swivel is snug enough to never move unless you want it to. The 1" round bushing fits inside the 1" pipe to further aid in rigidity. Speaking of which the end result is rigid enough to press the DRO buttons without feeling the need to steady the backside...way more rigid than a typical Bridgeport mill DRO mount for example.

thumbnail-6.jpeg

Attachments

• thumbnail-4.jpeg
    thumbnail-4.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Looks good. I have looked at this post twice but only one view is showing. I am not sure that part of the new forum is working correctly.

I have looked at this post twice but only one view is showing. I am not sure that part of the new forum is working correctly.
Yeah, something very strange going on with the view counts...seems to be in all PM forums...will investigate

I think it is fractured if not broken. Viewed this thread 3 times from this computer and once from the house. Still showed 234 this morning. Surely, I am not the only one that looked at it again.

Back