What's new
What's new

Hardinge HLV-H-EM completely rebuilt from the ground up!

CaryC

Aluminum
This is an excellent condition Hardinge HLV-H-EM. It was completely taken apart. Every bolt, nut, gear was checked, stripped, cleaned, polished protected.

All painted parts were sanded and sprayed with a high adhesion primer made for equipment. After several coats of primer and sanding they were sprayed with oil based Acrylic Enamel for an extremely durable and chemical resistant finish.

Requires 3-Phase 220

Any parts that had any wear were replaced with original Hardinge parts, including most of the labels.

Check out the video!

Asking $32K
I have lots of pics from the rebuild. let me know if you have any questions!

Attachments

• 20220422_163245.jpeg
    20220422_163245.jpeg
    221.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 20220422_163540.jpeg
    20220422_163540.jpeg
    336.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 20220422_172750.jpeg
    20220422_172750.jpeg
    401.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 20220422_172922.jpeg
    20220422_172922.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 20220422_172931.jpeg
    20220422_172931.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 64
  • 20220422_173031.jpeg
    20220422_173031.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 20220422_173122.jpeg
    20220422_173122.jpeg
    431.4 KB · Views: 81
Officially that is an HLV-DR (I can tell by the lack of inch/metric dials on cross and carriage) which means it came with a DRO originally (hence no need of dual dials)... which would have had a large post mounted to the chip pan to hold the readout display and the Z scale mounted on the front so as the taper attachment could be used. Now I'm curious what happened to the original DRO and scale mountings ?

I do remember seeing another post about a HLV-DR previously...thanks for the heads up. The door tag said HLV-H-EM so that is what I thought would be best to list it as.

I'm not sure what happened to the original DRO. This machine did not have the DRO when I bought it, just a couple of holes in the chip pan. I took the DRO from the other HLV and moved it to this one so that the machine would be complete. The other machine did have an arm into the chip pan which I am sure was not stock so I didn't want to mount it on this machine. After operating the machine I decided that on top of the control box seemed like a logical spot, easy to reach, and didn't collect stuff around the base in the chip pan.

The buyer could easily relocate the Z scale to the front to accommodate a taper attachment.

Did you decide to list it for less on CL or is this someone trying to pull a scam?

View attachment 366944
Good catch. Someone is scamming. My money is on the Craigslist ad, it's half off.

Good catch. Someone is scamming. My money is on the Craigslist ad, it's half off.
I agree.
I messaged CaryC about that likely scam Craigslist ad back on June 16, but never heard back.

For some reason Tapatalk doesn’t find/show this thread. Tapatalk is really pretty bad, but it makes pictures easier.

I agree.
I messaged CaryC about that likely scam Craigslist ad back on June 16, but never heard back.

For some reason Tapatalk doesn’t find/show this thread. Tapatalk is really pretty bad, but it makes pictures easier.
I emailed the Craigslist seller and he asked if I could leave a deposit!

I replied: “A deposit to look at it and get pictures and info/details?”

His response was: “Yes”

I’ve never been asked for a deposit to get info/pics//details and to go look at a machine.

Very suspect!

I sent an email warning him that some guy on Practical machinist somehow got his photos and was trying to sell his lathe.

So much for the fun. Now he knows we're onto him. Probably stupid enough to still be good though, most of them are. I got one on the phone the other day telling me someone had just charged $5,000 to my Best Buy card... which I don't have. I had some fun acting completely shocked and frightened/panicked. The rat caught on after a few minutes and hung up on me!! :D

I kept an income tax scammer on the phone for about 3 hrs by telling him I lived in a remote area and it would take me at least that long to get the money transfer paper work he wanted and get back home. I guess I scammed him well enough by acting stupid and really paranoid about "going to jail" he wanted the phone line left open and for me not to hang up, so I put the phone under a pillow, ignored it for about 3 hrs until I got tired of the charade, then when he wanted the transfer numbers I told him they were I.D.10T. The conversation went downhill pretty fast at that point. :-)

So much for the fun. Now he knows we're onto him. Probably stupid enough to still be good though, most of them are. I got one on the phone the other day telling me someone had just charged $5,000 to my Best Buy card... which I don't have. I had some fun acting completely shocked and frightened/panicked. The rat caught on after a few minutes and hung up on me!! :D
Oh, I was not imaginative enough at all. Maybe someone else could still take a crack at him?

Back