What's new
What's new

Hardinge HLV-H Way Wipers needed

alcro1998

Cast Iron
I am looking for a set of way wipers for my 1979ish HLV-H. I think I might be able to get them from hardinge but figured I would check here first. Please let me know if you have some.

Thanks,

Chris

I got 2 sets back when I got my HLV-H. Figured the installed set would last a few years and I would have a second back up set. Did not work that way, first set started cracking after 25 years and I tried installing the second set but they broke up trying to install them.
Just bought a new set from Hardinge for somewhere around $145.00 plus shipping. The new set should last till I retire. Do not bother trying to get spares unless you can figure out some way to preserve them.

I think they quoted you the wrong part? They were reasonable when I bought them years ago.
And:
I sure hope you are right. It seemed really high to me, even for Hardinge! Maybe I won’t have to make them after all.

I sure hope you are right. It seemed really high to me, even for Hardinge! Maybe I won’t have to make them after all.
Good news! It was indeed the wrong part. The wipers initially quoted were #HCA0008050 which applies to older (pre s/n 5000) machines. The wipers for my post s/n 7000 machine are about $160 for the set. Part #s HCB0008050 and KL 0008050.

Good news! It was indeed the wrong part. The wipers initially quoted were #HCA0008050 which applies to older (pre s/n 5000) machines. The wipers for my post s/n 7000 machine are about $160 for the set. Part #s HCB0008050 and KL 0008050.
Not bad at all. Thanks for updating me! I still need them

Back