What's new
What's new

Harig 618 Autostep III, Teflon ways, is this correct

bmklawt

Aluminum
I purchased a Harig 618 grinder and only one side of the Vee way has Teflon on it, I see no indication that the other side ever had Teflon on it, is this correct or am I missing a piece?

Bruce

Attachments

• IMG_3230.jpg
    IMG_3230.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3229.jpg
    IMG_3229.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 70

eKretz

Diamond; Mod Squad
I've never worked on one of those, but I would be very surprised indeed if they had not installed the low friction material on every way surface originally. It would be highly unusual to do otherwise. You may need to do some checking of geometry and it will be a bit finicky to measure without certain tools but you should be able to tell by that.

gwilley

Plastic
I have a 618 hydraulic with teflon ways. The teflon is supposed to be on both the flat and the vee ways. Sorry to say it, but your teflon looks pretty tough, the vee way that still has some left the teflon is lifting on the left side of the photo. On my machine the teflon is a good 1/8"-3/16" thick. On these machines only the bottom side of the x-axis has teflon (the surface you are showing). The table is scraped as is both surfaces of the saddle. My teflon looked almost brand new, yet my lead screw and the nut on the cross slide were nearly toast. Which makes me curious what shape your lead screw is in. Was this machine in service? If so, what kind of tolerances did it hold?

gwilley

Plastic
I found the photos of when I had my 618 Hydraulic apart. My teflon isn't in the best shape, but this should give you an idea of what it looks like. Sorry it took me so long to locate this photo, hopefully you find this useful.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20220208_175302191.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20220208_175302191.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 27