What's new
What's new

Has anyone here had time on a twin turret, twin spindle lathe?

Yeah, I don't think that they had one at The Show last fall, but Tom was telling me that they had one coming.

I am sure that they could find many points to refine while designing their next one.

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

We’ve had a Hyundai WIA LM1800TTSY at the shop I work at for over a year. I believe it is close to a Doosan Lynx. Twin turret, twin spindle, Y axis upper turret. Fanuc control. LNS Quick Six bar feeder on one end, LNS vacuum extractor on the other. I was lucky enough to have a decent applications guy train me on its quirks, of which there are many.
I basically use Fusion 360 to program, and divide my setups by turret situation. I generally have 4 setups (upper turret to MC1, lower turret to MC2, upper turret to MC2, lower turret to MC1). Since the upper turret is Y axis that dictates what milling moves I’ll use.
From there I post out the operations, paste them into templates I have which includes sync/wait codes and I’m generally ready to go.
Since we worked on a hybrid macro/sub program template to really run production I’ve kept the programming to a minimum and just add macros as needed.

Back