What's new
What's new

Hauser 2sb jig borer/grinder

ow2knives

Cast Iron
Does anybody have any information or know anything about this beautiful Hauser Jig Borer / grinder. I only have pictures at prsent and have not had my hands on it. The horizontal column rotates about the vertical column to bring the grinding head into place above the table. There is a bunch of tooling witht he machine. The grinder requires an air aupply. Information on Hauser seems fairly scarce.Is the Hauser company no longer?
The machine does not have a proper manual. Does anyone have one or know where one may be found.

I have seen numerous 2BA's, 3B's and larger but have not seen a 2SB before and would be grateful for any info.

Owen

Apologies - Pics did not upload correctly - finger trouble- see below.

OW

Thanks Don,

darn, not those little red X's again

I will once more..

DSC03302.jpg

DSC03304.jpg

DSC03305.jpg

ow

The Hauser 2sb jig borer/jig grinder has a 12 3/16 x 17 11/16 inch table with 7 7/8 x 13 3/4 inches of travel. It will drill 9/16 in steel and will bore up to 2 1/2 in steel. spindle speeds are from 80 - 3000 rpm and it weighs 2,200 lb's.

Hauser is still in business there part of Hardinge these days.

Tony in the UK has copy of manuals for the 2s jig grinder and the 2ba jig borer that would cover this machine.

Todd

Owen,

I have nothing to add to your information, other to say it sure is a cute little bugger. Nice looking machine and a compact package, should be lots of fun.

Owen,
I too have one of these cute machines, though not in as nice looking condition as yours. It is also well and truly buried at the back of the shed. (read future project)
I do have an original 2BA Manual, but nothing on the grinder. The manual contains the scary information on dismantling the speed variator. (Scary for me anyway)
If there is a few pages you need let me know.
cheers, Peter

Owen,
I too have one of these cute machines, though not in as nice looking condition as yours. It is also well and truly buried at the back of the shed. (read future project)
I do have an original 2BA Manual, but nothing on the grinder. The manual contains the scary information on dismantling the speed variator. (Scary for me anyway)
If there is a few pages you need let me know.
cheers, Peter

Hi Peter,

Many thanks for the offer. I may well take you up on that. UK Tony's manuals are pretty pricey. What is yr future project?

Todd thanks for the info I appreciate the help. Have you ever run one of the grinders? My machine will not arrive here for some time and I am of course super curious.

Back