What's new
What's new

Headstock step pulley.. (Oil or Grease)

I have my SB 13 torn down and in the process of rebuilding. I have the cone ready to put back together and according to the Ilion manual they recommend pre lubing with Super Lube before assembly and then using this product. But according to what I read here Super Lube is not recommended.
this will be a hobby machine and don’t anticipate using the bull gear much So thinking oil might be ok and just oil every time before use. The recess in the cone is not huge. The previous poster mentioned some grease products that might work.
if I go oil what product is recommende?
joe

I have my SB 13 torn down and in the process of rebuilding. I have the cone ready to put back together and according to the Ilion manual they recommend pre lubing with Super Lube before assembly and then using this product. But according to what I read here Super Lube is not recommended.
this will be a hobby machine and don’t anticipate using the bull gear much So thinking oil might be ok and just oil every time before use. The recess in the cone is not huge. The previous poster mentioned some grease products that might work.
if I go oil what product is recommended?
joe

Back