What's new
What's new

Heater for Ultrasonic Parts Cleaner?

catalytic

Cast Iron
I have a nice 6 gallon ultrasonic parts cleaner that I use for cleaning both parts and tooling. I want to add a heater to it, as most units are sold with an 'optional' heater.

Can anyone tell me what kind of heater arrangement is used? I see a lot of lab immersion heaters and/or heater-circulators for sale, but I presumably need something that ultrasonic frequencies don't bother, and I have no idea what would meet that requirement.

I have a nice 6 gallon ultrasonic parts cleaner that I use for cleaning both parts and tooling. I want to add a heater to it, as most units are sold with an 'optional' heater.

Can anyone tell me what kind of heater arrangement is used? I see a lot of lab immersion heaters and/or heater-circulators for sale, but I presumably need something that ultrasonic frequencies don't bother, and I have no idea what would meet that requirement.

I have a cheap ebay benchtop one (15L I think, Almost 3 gal when in use).

mine has a heater, but I find it too slow and I use a coffee maker to get the water hot first. Then use the UC heater to keep it to temp.

I dont know if this would stay hot enough for the runs you are doing. But I can get a few 10 min runs before I get concerned about the temp.

I am looking into better rinsing techniques right now. I like to be able to pump water in from the bottom and have it overflow into a reservoir / filter situation.

You can get immersion heaters and build your own rig to have it installed through the side or hanging it from the top.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You can get immersion heaters and build your own rig to have it installed through the side or hanging it from the top.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

^^That's my plan, but do you know if they will be affected (ruined) by the ultrasonic waves?

Also, since I'm adding something anyways, any reason not to choose a heater/circulator (with a pump) instead of a 'regular' immersion heater? Seems like that might heat the water a lot faster:

Heated Immersion Circulators | Thermo Fisher Scientific - US

Back