What's new
What's new

Heidenhain TNC410 Communication Issue

Barvek

Plastic
Good Afternoon All,

I hope you're well!

I have a Bridgeport VMC1000 fitted with a Heidenhain TNC410. It will output programs fine, but will not receive (or at least, acknowledge them being received). I also have a Heidenhain TNC370 controlled machine which I send and receive programs from daily, without issue.

Using TNCserver, it will output programs from the machine fine. When receiving, after pressing "ENT", it will "read through" the program on the laptop, but the CNC will never acknowledge that a program has been received. It will then sit idle, until you press "END" or "DEL" at which point it will display "program incomplete".

Possibly IC chips on control? Or am I missing some code to signal transmission end?

Any help is massively appreciated, as currently I'm stuck in a bit of a rut with the machine.

Many thanks,

Ryan

gustafson

Diamond
Same computer same cable etc?

Try different input methods, it has been a while since I used that control but some of them ask read in program offered, or all programs etc

They are fussy about exact sequence, connect computer fire up software, then hit EXT but should not be much different from 370

If the program does not have the ending line [END PGM 1234] it will hang, but if the program came out of the machine it ought to go back in

Barvek

Plastic
Hi Gustafson, thanks for your reply.

Yes, same cable, same computer. It's a Toughbook CF-52 with a serial port so pretty straightforward in that regard.

It does indeed start with "BEGIN PGM 123" and end with "END PGM 123" as it's supposed to, and as you say, I'm trying to send a program back that came from the machine, for testing purposes, so it should work.

I'll try firing it all up in a different way as you've suggested tomorrow. My TNC370 isn't that fussy for sequence, I can pretty much plug it all in, set it off (in FE mode) and go about my business.

Interestingly, in FE mode, the TNC410 doesn't work in any way. It does send files in EXT2 mode, however, with TNCserver set to "ME Receive".

gustafson

Diamond
I wish I still had my 410s running, pretty sure I could figure it out quick

I think it is one of these settings, it isn't going to send when TNCserver is in receive mode....I don't remember now...the software and the control have to be trying to do the same thing, keep trying different configurations and I am sure it will get there, then just remember what you did!