What's new
What's new

Help! Need haas control software!

SageGlad

Aluminum
Help! Need haas mill control software!

Hey people.
Long story short, I got the vf7 and my software went bad (haas has a tons of bugs in it). And since it’s not a new machine I don’t have warranty. And they have all manuals for every single procedure but don’t let me get the software. Just because they want to change, it’s the company policy “charge as much as you can”. Not helpful at all, and actually confirmed over the phone that it’s easy straight forward process but they charge…
So by any chance if somebody have a mill control software 18.21 or older please share.
Thanks for any comments!

Last edited:
What in the cornbread hell are you talking about

If you do not know, I can tell you. The haas maincon control software is a file that any technician can download from the haas portal. There is an instructions also step by step how to FOR THIS TECHNICIANS so you understand better.
Would you pay for things you know “how to” and you actually done before?? If you know they overcharging you about 10 times then it worth. Thank you for the worthless comment.

Not good to post something like this out in the open, you are asking someone to do something that infringes on licensing rights that could get someone sued. What I hear through the grapevine is Haas will take no prisoners.
I do agree a lot of OEMs flat rip people off on replacements, even on off the shelf products. On those of course you can do your research and find that $150 encoder belt for $15. If they charge 10x on something you can buy elsewhere I could imagine the price on a proprietary item you can only get from the OEM.

Not good to post something like this out in the open, you are asking someone to do something that infringes on licensing rights that could get someone sued. What I hear through the grapevine is Haas will take no prisoners.
I do agree a lot of OEMs flat rip people off on replacements, even on off the shelf products. On those of course you can do your research and find that $150 encoder belt for $15. If they charge 10x on something you can buy elsewhere I could imagine the price on a proprietary item you can only get from the OEM.

Make sense, you right and I agree.
I just feel really bad for them to do it, I call them and asked to give me the soft, they wasn’t sure what to do and later figured that they won’t do it because of the company policy. And I’m not trying to do anything bad though l, just wanna fix my own machine that they got paid for a while ago.

Make sense, you right and I agree.
I just feel really bad for them to do it, I call them and asked to give me the soft, they wasn’t sure what to do and later figured that they won’t do it because of the company policy. And I’m not trying to do anything bad though l, just wanna fix my own machine that they got paid for a while ago.

Go in Haas threads and private message someone that says they have your machine model.

What year VF7? Is the procedure to pull the M Con from another machine pretty straight forward? Software is a constant battle on every Haas in our shop, one of those things that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" except it's more like...

-if what you use the most ain't broke, don't fix it.
-if what you use once or twice a month is broke, go to a different machine when you need it.
-if the e-stop doesn't work when you push it, hope you didn't actually need it but let's fix it.

I think software is kind of gray area as far as being able to regulate it. Haas actually does a fantastic job in attempting to support end user hardware repairs, better than most others at least. Their service key thing is kind of a mess but I think they actually added it because they couldn't keep up with the service requests of customers in a timely manor so they had to do something.

Think of it like a part of your machine, like an axis drive. If you smoke one of those do you expect HAAS to come out and drop in a new one for free? Granted, it isn’t a “hard” physical component that you can unbolt. But is it worth arguing about while your machine sits there taking up space, or is it more important to get the thing running

hello i need help to change the language Mori Seiki accumill 40000(MSG-805)
French to English
thank you in Advance

my brother stop spamming every thread in here, there's a dedicated Mori Seiki sub forum on here post ONE thread in there and fingers crossed someone will be able to help you

Think of it like a part of your machine, like an axis drive. If you smoke one of those do you expect HAAS to come out and drop in a new one for free? Granted, it isn’t a “hard” physical component that you can unbolt. But is it worth arguing about while your machine sits there taking up space, or is it more important to get the thing running
Absolutely! It's more important to get the thing running. But their is a catch. I had a spindle encoder belt fail on a VF4ss at the beginning of the week. Haas techs are 2 weeks out in my region. It requires getting into the "unlock" mode to orient the spindle again once the $8 belt is replaced. I bought that service key but the software version on the machine doesn't work with the key so they are still going to have to come out and update the software because they don't let the end user do it. Our buddies at HFO were nice enough to overnight a "technician unlock key" to get us through but it will expire and then we will be waiting on either another temp key or software update the next time the machine goes down with "unlock" privileges to repair.

I have always shifted the belt to the next tooth until it orients correctly.
That's not a bad idea. A little tedious but could be effective in a pinch. What if it's between two teeth? There isn't exactly an infinite range of adjustment with a toothed belt.

If all you are changing is the belt it will line up again. Servo encoders when changed can be adjusted by shifting the grid and does not require any fancy software unlock. I am surprised the orient encoder wouldn’t be easier to get to from the control screen. Typically if you ever change a belt you mark up the belt and pulley. Transfer to the new belt and reinstall.

Back