What's new
What's new

Help needed Spinner TS66L Fanuc 18i-TB

empireages

Plastic
Hi,
We just acquired a bi spindle Spinner TS66L from 2004 with Fanuc 18i-TB
It has XZC axis with B for the secondary spindel + live tooling.
We have added a LNS QUICKLOAD SERVO 65.

Anyone have the manuals for this machine ? we haven't got any with it...

-Is it correct that calling a tool in MDI alarm out if we do 'T0101; M6' but it works without the M6 ?
-How can I see which options are present on the Fanuc ?
-Does the fanuc 18i-tb come with FOCASS for remote supervision ? which software can we use to monitor the lathe ?
-How can I find all the custom G and M codes used by the machine without the manuals ? (needed for part transfer, part ejection, bar feeder...)
-Can we use a PC based MANUAL GUIDE to do the program offline then copy paste them to the lathe ? The lathe Doesn't have MANUAL GUIDE.
-I can simulate a ISO program just fine but a manual guide one alarm out at the first Gcode from MANUAL GUIDE... , is it normal ? can we still run those ?

Thanks in advance, i have 0 support from spinner in france so i hope on your help.

Empireages

no M6 needed. just a different T code from what is current. You might have to be at a certain position on the slide to index the turret.

Fanuc can tell you what options are enabled on the control. You will have to send them some information. Or try some stuff and see if it alarms. Like helical milling.

You have got to get at least the electric drawings for the machine and a copy of the ladder.

Do you guys have any experience with a subspindle lathe?

Hi,
We just acquired a bi spindle Spinner TS66L from 2004 with Fanuc 18i-TB
It has XZC axis with B for the secondary spindel + live tooling.
We have added a LNS QUICKLOAD SERVO 65.

Anyone have the manuals for this machine ? we haven't got any with it...

-Is it correct that calling a tool in MDI alarm out if we do 'T0101; M6' but it works without the M6 ?
-How can I see which options are present on the Fanuc ?
-Does the fanuc 18i-tb come with FOCASS for remote supervision ? which software can we use to monitor the lathe ?
-How can I find all the custom G and M codes used by the machine without the manuals ? (needed for part transfer, part ejection, bar feeder...)
-Can we use a PC based MANUAL GUIDE to do the program offline then copy paste them to the lathe ? The lathe Doesn't have MANUAL GUIDE.
-I can simulate a ISO program just fine but a manual guide one alarm out at the first Gcode from MANUAL GUIDE... , is it normal ? can we still run those ?

Thanks in advance, i have 0 support from spinner in france so i hope on your help.

Empireages
Hi,
I just got a Nakamura Tome TW10 with the same control and having been spending the last week playing with it. It has the same fanuc 18i-tb control so pretty much it will be very similar to your. I have all the manuals. The control is not so difficult to get the basics. Follow any fanuc 18i videos you see on youtube and you can work it out to get going. You will need to get the fanuc programming manual. All the bar feed and spindle hand off stuff is in there. You just give the T0101 into the mdi and it will change position on the turret. I spent the last 2 days trying to find out about the ethernet connection and playing with this in the control. As far as I can tell all the machines come with different options. You should be able to install ftp software on your pc, connect the pc and the lathe with a crossover cable and transfer programs. There is a card the will or will not be present in the control. Just unscrew the control box and look for it. If you have an ethernet jack follow it and see if it goes into a fanuc card. If yes look for the ethernet embedd stuff on the control. Pretty much you can't do any damage just by pressing buttons and working out what is what. The embedded fanuc ethernet control will give you upload and dowload of programs, nothing more. The extra card gives you the full focas stuff and works with fanuc software you must buy extra. I can send you a copy of the relevent M-codes to give you an idea. Probably they will be good but really you will have to contact spinner. For sure there will be little differences.

For programming I am using cimco editor and just writing the code by hand. Version 7 seems to be good for fanuc lathe. If you have manual guide on anther machine it would not hurt to transfer over. If it alarms out that is not normal. Just find out why and proceed. I am starting slow and just trying to learn bit by bit.

Message me and I can email you the instructions I have with regards to ethernet setup but first take the panel off the control and look to see what controller and cards are there. Give us pictures of your connectors so we can see what you have got...

Germany is the place for spinner, some Uk also. If you speak either Geraman or English call them.

I have all the documentation for the LNS bar loader. I have not worked on it yet. Honestly looks like a nightmare. Will try that next week..

cheers,
James

Back