What's new
What's new

Help on lathe Id

Gweems218

Plastic
My Dad recently passed away and I inherited this lathe. It runs great and for now is working decently, but I have no idea what make or model it is. There are no markings on it other than what is in the pics. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The bed is 6" wide and 48" from headstock to tail. There are numbers on the inside cover of 342-033 ??????

Attachments

• IMG_9949.jpg
    IMG_9949.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9951.jpg
    IMG_9951.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_9953.jpg
    IMG_9953.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_9954.jpg
    IMG_9954.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 43
Correction on length, the pic shows 58" but that is incorrect its 48" from base of headstock to end of lathe.58" overall.

It is an Atlas or Craftsman 12" lathe on cabinet without quick change threading. It has Timken taper roller spindle bearings.

If it is a Sears Craftsman, there would have been a small aluminum plate with the Sears name and the model number fastened to the right hand end of the bed.

Larry

Last edited:
Looking around, it seems to be a late model Atlas 12" with the cover missing.

That's the one model that has the extra lever on the headstock.

Mr Vanice got it in one..... It sure looks different without the cover.

It is an Atlas or Craftsman 12" lathe on cabinet without quick change threading. It has Timken taper roller spindle bearings.

If it is a Sears Craftsman, there would have been a small aluminum plate with the Sears name and the model number fastened to the right hand end of the bed.

Larry
Thank you so much. There was a plate at one time on the end. Rivets still there LOL

Back