What's new
What's new

Help please - Heidenhain 2500 - tool change

BOB-OO

Cast Iron
Hello,
I purchased, diagnosed, repaired and have running 3 Bridgeport VMC's 760-20 (2ea) 760-16 (1ea) all with Hiedenhain TNC 2500B controlers.
All came with empty memories but I have parameters, and after lots of encoder & drive replacements they are all working very well.
We are using the systems in ISO mode.
I am stumped on one last thing - make an auto tool change within a program.

Outside a program I can use M06 and manually move to the correct tool. All that works.

Inside a program I can call
N10 T01 M06

It will change to the correct tool but then waits for an operator to press a button before continuing the program. All our programs are very long and must be drip feed to the controller. Sometimes for 3 days. It also doesn't seem to like the command as it does respond with "wrong program data" and kills the dnc upload; but it will make the tool change and continue.

Have I neglected a parameter? Is my syntax for the tool change incorrect?
Do I need to move the spindle to the tool change position and use some other command to change tools?

Also the manual tool change command M25 is higher then the auto M06, should that be the same?

Unfortunately Dr. Heidenhain must have saved a bunch of money on printing, the ISO manual has exactly 1 page and when I do what it says the machine waits for a operator to push a button to complete its cycle.

Any advise or suggestions would be VERY appreciated.

Thank you!

Seen this before on B/port powered HH machines

Try

T1 G17 S2000
M06

Dont put the M6 on the same line as the tool call

Try in here for manuals

English

Boris

Last edited:

Back