What's new
What's new

HELP: Removing the motor from my K&T 2HL

Motors hidden away in machines are often neglected for many years or a life time. Out of sight out of mind. Without getting greased.

So yeah, I think a sealed bearing could work for many years. And as the current owner, you'd be aware.

Taken the trouble that you have to do a real nice job, I'd be inclined to try to install without a dust shield if possible. Plus some future owner, who might take care of proper maintenance, won't try to pump grease into a sealed bearing.

You could either go with sealed or shielded bearings... If it were me, I would get some shielded bearings and pick the shield off next to the grease port and lube every year as it is supposed to be lubed, but that is just me.. I am old school.. lol.. Cheers from Louisiana.. Ramsay 1:)

Looks like Locate Ball Bearings may have shipped out the bearings after all. Just got notice from FedEx they'll be here Friday. Hopefully, they are the right ones.

Looks like Locate Ball Bearings may have shipped out the bearings after all. Just got notice from FedEx they'll be here Friday. Hopefully, they are the right ones.

I've been in IT most of my adult life. It's 2022. I will never understand why there are still eCommerce sites that still have no clue. Got these on Friday (Yay! They were exact replacements) and still this garbage web site has no clue. I'm glad they actually shipped it, but communication is not a new concept.

Awaiting-Fullfilment.png

Back