What's new
What's new

HELP - Schaublin 135 workshop/service manual required.

marcsO

Cast Iron
Hi all, looking for a copy of a service/workshop manual for this lathe, searched this forum but seems it's a rare beast, even more rare than Hardinge lathe stuff which is strange as it's newer and European!

Can anyone help please as it's hard working on these lathes in the dark and being so valuable I don't want to break or damage anything as getting replacements is expensive or impossible.

Thank you
Marc

marcsO

Cast Iron
Brilliant, much appreciated, will manage the German but the drawings are invaluable :)

Marc

marcsO

Cast Iron
Degull I have the service manual, a nice copy too, its the workshop one I'm after which has all the parts listed, detailed drawings of the assemblies and if possible detail on how to disassemble and re-assemble like you get with most machines, cars etc. Hardinge did one so Schaublin must have too.

Marc

I'm after which has all the parts listed, detailed drawings of the assemblies and if possible detail on how to disassemble and re-assemble like you get with most machines, cars etc. Hardinge did one so Schaublin must have too.

Marc

Parts list is rather commen but a handbook for repairing the machine is rare and certainly does not come with most machines In fact the only one I know of is from Hardinge you mention
Schaublin does not have one At least not publicly

Peter

marcsO

Cast Iron
Wow, considering how particular the Swiss are for making top class stuff its remarkable that they don't provide any form of documentation to aid keeping their expensive machines running - bit cheeky really if I'm honest but if thats the case then will have to work around and hope you guys have the experience to help out here and there.

Marc

Even cheekyier as you think
They have parts made like bearings collets specific for their machines
So if you need a bearing you have to buy it from them
Collets with odd threads that you cannot make on a normal conventional lathe
No problem now but in the old days for a pull bar you had to but from them

Most machines eighter US EU Asia or Swiss made do not come with a repair handbook
So Schaublin is not a exception in this
Hardinge is that it does so
Peter