What's new
What's new

Help with B&S Universal Dividing head

wordsmith07

Plastic
Scored a near mint Brown and Sharpe dividing head with matching numbered tailstock and all gears. Broken was the mount for the pin plunger and plunger/arm missing. Hopeful but doubt these pieces are around somewhere. If someone has a better picture of original, could try and replicate. First photo mine, second pic borrowed from site shows circled pieces needed.

B&S5.jpgB&S4.jpg

I have a Cincinnati #2 Horizontal I am going to try and adapt this to. Would consider a swap for like-conditioned Cincinnati divider with gears to help with setup

Brandenberger

Cast Iron
Scored a near mint Brown and Sharpe dividing head with matching numbered tailstock and all gears. Broken was the mount for the pin plunger and plunger/arm missing. Hopeful but doubt these pieces are around somewhere. If someone has a better picture of original, could try and replicate. First photo mine, second pic borrowed from site shows circled pieces needed.

View attachment 346073View attachment 346074

I have a Cincinnati #2 Horizontal I am going to try and adapt this to. Would consider a swap for like-conditioned Cincinnati divider with gears to help with setup

You didn’t mention which B&S head. Is the part you’re looking for like this? This was spare from a Yuasa clone of a B&S 0 semi-universal.

A2D3911E-23EC-4522-BF78-F067A9C7E7F1.jpg83E93F83-8D72-483E-B417-6E7450CE0206.jpg

wordsmith07

Plastic
No it is the B&S universal #2. There is one circled in the second picture from another post. It is a flat bar that is held by broken piece. If I can't find one or trade for like kind Cincinnati, The type you show would prob be easier to fab. Thanks for reply!

gbent

Diamond
Like John pointed out Brown & Sharpe (uniquely?) put their head on the opposite end of the table. If you think you will ever want to gear the head to the table you will want a Cincinnati head.