What's new
What's new

Help with beads forming with fiber laser

squaodward

Plastic
Hey guys,

I am running an IPG Laser Cube with nitrogen. Cutting .125" 410 stainless annealed. I am getting a nice bright cut, and my dimensions are holding well. But I am getting these beads that are welding themselves to some of the inside corners. Can't get them off outside of grinding them. I've tried to move my leads to different spots, and its burning or welding the inside contour wherever it is. I've been through my tech tables and just couldn't get these to go away. Any suggestions? Sorry for the crappy photos gotta keep the part ambiguous.

20220322_130911.jpg

20220322_133559.jpg

Milland

Diamond
Has the laser always done this, or did it start recently? New metal supplier, is the gas clean? Is gas flow adequate?

I've no real experience with FL, so just spitballing...

Scruffy887

Titanium
You need 1000 watts minimum and about 150 psi nitrogen. Nozzle must be clean and beam centered. I get best cut about .3mm off the surface. Forget what the focus is, close to zero.

IkeHarris

Plastic
Squaod,

Besides Scruf not much here. I would have thought that your first stop for help would be the friendly folks who sold you the machine. US made, plenty of tech support.

Ike

Strostkovy

Stainless
Is there any sort of power modulation option? Depending on your beam power and feed rate you may need to reduce beam power as the head slows down into a corner.