What's new
What's new

Help with doosan lathe c axis

Raidermachinist

Plastic
Someone please help I'm going crazy! I work with a doosan lynx 300m lathe with a fanuc control. I love the machine and can program 95% or my work at the control. But now, I'm making a part the has hash Mark's and engraving every 15⁰ around the OD. I used mastercam to program it and had no problem on that end. The problem I have is when I post it and load the program. It starts out just fine. The tool will come in, the spindle will orientate, then it will engrave the first number. After that the tool will retract and then the next line is a C axis position move. The problem I'm having with that is it's a rapid C move. The machine doesn't alarm out but just sits there. If I change it from a rapid C move to a G01 and add a feed rate it does just fine. No big deal if I have a couple lines to edit but its 5000 lines of code. I cant (or dont want to) manually go through and change every rapid C axis move to a feed. Is there a setting on the machine that will accept that code and rapid move C axis? (Again, it's a good code, doesn't alarm out. It just doesn't do it) or is there a mastercam18 setting that I can change all Rapids to a set feedrate? It only stalls on a rapid move. When its engraving it rotates C just fine. PLEASE HELP!

Someone please help I'm going crazy! I work with a doosan lynx 300m lathe with a fanuc control. I love the machine and can program 95% or my work at the control. But now, I'm making a part the has hash Mark's and engraving every 15⁰ around the OD. I used mastercam to program it and had no problem on that end. The problem I have is when I post it and load the program. It starts out just fine. The tool will come in, the spindle will orientate, then it will engrave the first number. After that the tool will retract and then the next line is a C axis position move. The problem I'm having with that is it's a rapid C move. The machine doesn't alarm out but just sits there. If I change it from a rapid C move to a G01 and add a feed rate it does just fine. No big deal if I have a couple lines to edit but its 5000 lines of code. I cant (or dont want to) manually go through and change every rapid C axis move to a feed. Is there a setting on the machine that will accept that code and rapid move C axis? (Again, it's a good code, doesn't alarm out. It just doesn't do it) or is there a mastercam18 setting that I can change all Rapids to a set feedrate? It only stalls on a rapid move. When its engraving it rotates C just fine. PLEASE HELP!

Sounds like the C axis clamp is activated during milling. It won't allow rapid moves unless unclamped. I recommend changing G0 moves to all G1/G2/G3 and increasing the feedrates where you would like it to "rapid."

thanks

Sounds like the C axis clamp is activated during milling. It won't allow rapid moves unless unclamped. I recommend changing G0 moves to all G1/G2/G3 and increasing the feedrates where you would like it to "rapid."

that should do it! thanks! honestly i feel dumb now lol. was thinking the feed had to be at the end of the line lol. i did find somewhere in mastercams control definition where you can check a box that says "convert rapid moves to maximum feedrate" i checked it but nothing happened so yeah ill just have to replace the rapids with a g01 f...

Although the OP doesn't say as much, I suspect that the program is output in Polar Mode (it would be handy if the OP were to Post his program here for the Forum to see). In that case, its simply the G00 move that is upsetting the apple cart, as Rapid Moves aren't allowed in Polar Mode.

Regards,

Bill

Although the OP doesn't say as much, I suspect that the program is output in Polar Mode (it would be handy if the OP were to Post his program here for the Forum to see). In that case, its simply the G00 move that is upsetting the apple cart, as Rapid Moves aren't allowed in Polar Mode.

Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Though the OP doesn't state what model control he has, wouldn't commanding G0 whilst in Polar Interpolation generate alarm PS146?

Regards,

Kevin

Hi Bill,

Though the OP doesn't state what model control he has, wouldn't commanding G0 whilst in Polar Interpolation generate alarm PS146?

Regards,

Kevin
Hello Kevin,
That's right and the reason for suggesting that the OP Post a copy of his program. But its the most logical reason without the benefit of further information from the OP and in particular, a view of the OP's program.

Regards,

Bill

Adam,
You also sent a request for help to us at Doosan. You were asked to send a copy of your program to let us help you. Did you do that? This should be an easy fix. I do not do turning, but I do do milling and 5 axis. We can help but you need to help us help you. Please respond to your emails.

Paul

Regards,

Bill

Correct. In Polar Coordinate Mode G0 isn't allowed.

Back