What's new
What's new

Help with Lead Screw Mechanism in a Bar Marking Machine

mhh_27

Plastic
Hello Everyone,

I am making a bar marking machine similar to the machine shown in the video. I am almost done with it but there is one thing I am stuck at. I am not able to understand the lead screw and the wheel mechanism. The basic stuff from what I understood is that when the wheel rotates the lead screw moves up and down (so here the lead screw is stationary and not rotating). Now I don't understand how they have mounted the wheel with the bearing and the nut on the top plate. Can someone help me out with it?

1680071813497.png

Video: Bar Marking Machine

Thank you in advance..

I would guess it is like thickness rolls. There is a screw on each side of the roll with a gear on top. The handle has a gear on it.

I would guess it is like thickness rolls. There is a screw on each side of the roll with a gear on top. The handle has a gear on it.
It is more like the handle wheel used in lathe slides but in a lathe the handle and the screw is mounted only the bed moves. Here the screw is coming out of the handle when the slide moves up. I am sure they have a bearing and a nut mechanism there but how is it fitted is the real question.

Back