What's new
What's new

Hembrug resource lost

Lonny-G

Plastic
Shocked to discover Schinfa is closing up shop and this just when I land a DR1-S. Anyone know an alternative source for parts.

Allmost a given,the composite tumbler gears with questions.the manual I down loaded indicates two identical 24 tooth gears with loose needle bearings.The shift assembly here has two different gears of 22 and 24 teeth with caged roller bearings and was wondering if this might suggest some one tried using a set for the 133 or if variants of the DR1 had this setup. Gibs,I guess you would say keys for the cross and traverse slides as I would'nt trust the machine shops around here to drill a straight hole to say nothing grinding the correct taper in such a thing. Last for now would be the back gear end spindle cover,AI Hembrug part# 080656. As back story I rescued this machine from a scrap yard and was only interested in it for parts and the chucks an tooling that came with it. On inspection after getting it home I was amazed to discover that the spindle had just less than a thou of runout and the bed is running remarkably parallel with the spindle boar,Amazing if you could see the terrible insults the scrapyard monkeys inflicted on this machine.To have endured the abuse and neglect it suffered before it was thrown out,then the bashing it took at the scrapyard is marvelous testamony to the rugged quality of its construction.In short,this Hembrug has quickly made a fan of me and it has to find a home in my shop...and thanks for the response Peter.

Tried that route when found web page for tumbler gears.There was on the site a disclaimer that stated that the company would be closing for good mid 2022,that the site was not being updated and never would be.Thought might be coming in just in time.sent e-mail inquiring about shipping and payment but recived no answer.Returned to the site and found that the page listing these parts seems to have been taken down.If it's still there I have not found it.Will look again.

They had a division which senior handled which was the used machines That had a?seperate part of their website?
The son does bedgrinding and rebuilding It looks like he has taken over parts too

Peter

Back