What's new
What's new

How can I find out what options are installed on my Fanuc 0i-MD control?

AmericanMaker

Aluminum
I'd like to try and find out what options are installed on my Fanuc 0i-MD control.

I contacted the previous owner of my 2011 Sharp SV-2412SX. He believes he ordered it with High Speed Machining.

According to the Fanuc Options web page it looks like Helical Interpolation and High Speed Machining are options. I did email Fanuc and I'm waiting on a response.

In the meantime, is there a way to determine what options are installed by looking at parameters? I'd like to find out if AICC or AICC II are installed ...

AI Contour Control (J665) or
AI Contour Control II (S808)
Jerk Control (S678) Requires AICC II
Nano Smoothing (S687) Requires AICC II
Bell-Shaped Acc/Dec Before Interpolation (J977) Requires AICC or AICC II

Thanks!

Last edited:

i dont know if that list is valid for a 0i as it says its for an 18i

I'm not sure what they call AICC in this list. but it might be diagnostic 1308 bit 6 or 7

You'd be better off just running a sample program with G5.1 Q1 to see if it gives you an alarm or if it runs. It should flash AICC on the screen while running.

Edit: do you have the original parameters with the machine? They often come printed out with a list of options that are installed, including the Jxxx numbers.

Last edited:
You'd be better off just running a sample program with G5.1 Q1 to see if it gives you an alarm or if it runs. It should flash AICC on the screen while running.
Thanks for the reply! I will give that a try today and see what happens. I will report back my findings.
Do you have the original parameters with the machine? They often come printed out with a list of options that are installed, including the Jxxx numbers.
I wish, but unfortunately I do not. I've contacted Sharp to try and get all the info I can on the machine, but apparently whatever info they have is limited to this ...

SV-2412SX Options.jpg

And I was able to get the original invoice too, but all it had on it was this ...

1676733221985.png

Fanuc can let you know what options are installed in the control but it will require sending them a parameter file from the control. It’s a pretty easy thing to do but as with all things fanuc, there will be a lot of back and fourth before you get the info you need.

From the Options list for a 0iMD control I have the DGN numbers and bits are as follows:
S808 DGN 1148 bit 0
S678 DGN 1127 bit 6
S687 DGN 1219 bit 4
J977 DGN 1187 bit 7

Hope this helps

Tom

I have the DGN numbers and bits are as follows
Thanks @Tom, I'm fairly new to Fanuc controls and I'm not sure how to interpret what you sent me. I think the S and J numbers reference specific options, correct?. I'm not sure what DGN means. Are those diagnostic parameters of some sort?

The S and J numbers refer to the specific FANUC options you asking about. The DGN numbers are the diagnostic number location for the specific option and the bt number is the actual bit number which must be on if the option is installed. Keep in mind that the bit numbers read from left to right starting at 7 and going to 0, so there is actaully 8 bit locations, if the bit is set to 1 then the option is on

Back