What's new
What's new

how delete "conversations"?

Marty Feldman

Titanium
Among the maddening dumb retrograde steps which litter the new software, I find that I am unable to delete Private Messages (the things that for some cute reason are now called "conversations", which they are not). Say I have x "conversations" that I want to delete. I can put a checkmark in the little boxes, but when I go to the Choose Options at the bottom there is not an option for deleting. What am I missing? This is a routine function that used to be so obvious and easy.

-Marty-

sfriedberg

Diamond
This is a guess, Marty, because I don't know either. I guess if you "leave" a conversation, that's equivalent to deleting it because it will remove it from your list.

bsg

Titanium
Same question I posted here!

Yes, it is correct, if you leave the conversation it will remove it from your list?

Kevin

Marty Feldman

Titanium
Thanks guys. OK, "Leave" does delete "conversations". It looks though as if I have to delete the conversations one by one - is that correct? The old and sorely missed software had an obvious, quick, and easy batch delete function.

-Marty-

bsg

Titanium
Thanks guys. OK, "Leave" does delete "conversations". It looks though as if I have to delete the conversations one by one - is that correct? The old and sorely missed software had an obvious, quick, and easy batch delete function.

-Marty-
If you select the conversations you want to delete, it will highlight them, then you can select leave conversation……it will remove all that are highlighted.

Kevin

sfriedberg

Diamond
Strange, Richard. I was pretty close to the 50 message limit, and still seem to have them.

Oh, wait! Richard, click on the envelope icon, then down at the bottom of the small dialog box it opens up, there is "Show all". Click on that, and see if your old PMs are there.