What's new
What's new

How do you think the manufacturing shifting out of China and benefit to American CN

2fprototypes

Plastic
CNC processing is a basic manufacturing method in the modern industry. Many industrial sectors require the CNC to process the components or produce products. At present the biggest issue for the US is the manufacturing no longer existed here. They have been moved to China, Vietnam, India, and other developing countries a long time ago. Although President Trump promised to make the US great again and swear to bring back those manufacturing, it is still a long time for us to wait.

One thing is confirmed that more industries moved back, more orders American CNC factories will get. But when all the industries moved back to the US one day, does American manufacturing has fully prepared for that? Can American workers work very hard like the Chinese workers or Vietnam Workers or India Workers? It is not the competition for labor costs. All the American workers can live a good middle-class life. American workers won’t compete with them for cheap. But the capitalist always thinks about profit and working efficiency.

If you really ever watched the movie <<American Factories>>. You will know the big culture gap between the US and China. Maybe that is also the reason why many low-end and middle-end industries move to China and other third world countries since the beginning of globalization in 2000. I can tell you an example maybe some of you guys know it already. When Apple want to move back some of their supply chains to the US. The biggest embarrassing thing is they even can not find a good supplier to produce the tiny locking screws on the iPhone. And the production capacity of local screw makers is too limited. Just like this pandemic when need more PPE like face mask, face shield, gown, gloves, etc. They suddenly discovered that they even can not make this simple product in the US. Lack of the mask making machine and need to import the materials from China. So I think one day when all the manufacturing shifted back to the US. Can the American manufacturers really prepare for that? I have to ask this. Building a complete supplying chain needs to take a long time. China takes 40 years to achieve that goal and Chinese people are very laborious. Maybe in your eyes that China dis-respect for democracy and have no human right. But could we achieve that goal in 10 years or even 5 years? I hope so.

I don’t want to blame anyone. I post this thread because I really get shocked by an incident. I have an automotive component prototype and medical equipment prototype. During this Epidemic period all the nearby factories and workshops are shut down. So the customer has to seek for help overseas and find suppliers in China. The surprising thing is not only he can find many companies in China can help him to do so, but also some of them are only small companies-Like my company 2fprototypes, only 100 employees here. They can handle CNC / Plastic Injection / Vaccum Casting /3D Printing / Stamping Die etc. Their system integration and engineering analysis ability is really great. The salesman can take care of the business at the weekend. No matter whenever calling or E-mail them, customers always get the prompt response. I want to ask which American company can do so. Yes, you want to bring back the manufacturing but it needs to sacrifice more to earn it back. Rome is not built in one day. America is a great country. It wins the Word War-1 and World War-2. It defeat the Soviet Empire during the Cold War and kill the Japanese Economic Power in the 1980s. US is still the leader in scientific innovation and still have powerful military force on this planet. But the question is whether we can sacrifice more and make more efforts to make the country great again.

.......At present the biggest issue for the US is the manufacturing no longer existed here........

......One thing is confirmed that more industries moved back, more orders American CNC factories will get. But when all the industries moved back to the US one day, does American manufacturing has fully prepared for that? Can American workers work very hard like the Chinese workers or Vietnam Workers or India Workers?

........But the capitalist always thinks about profit and working efficiency.

......So I think one day when all the manufacturing shifted back to the US. Can the American manufacturers really prepare for that? I have to ask this.

.........and Chinese people are very laborious.

This has gone beyond spam.

It's RED PARTY indoctrination. :angry:

Who is he anyway?

Mao's ghost???

Oh almighty Milacron. With one stroke of your mighty mouse please ban this spammer from tormenting us mortals....... :bowdown:

But the capitalist always thinks about profit and working efficiency.
If churning out poorly made crap isn't about profit and working efficiency then what is that all about?

My typical experience with a Chinese made product is that it's 90% finished, overall quite nice but there is generally always something not right, like a tool trolley I bought and prompty returned fairly recently where the hard working laborious Chinese worker who assembled it decided they only needed to rivet through one sheet of metal and not the two supposed to be joined together, or the more basic replacement which overall is nice but they obviously ran out of the bolts that were supposed to be used and started using whatever was to hand to get them out the door.

If America or any other country wants to reshore production it's not a case of can they do it, more have they got the will to do it. It won't happen overnight but if a country is set on reshoring from China they will do it, and I hope we see plenty of reshoring over time.

Also, spam spam spam.

Obviously this is more or less spam.

But I question the basic premise- that "manufacturing" will move back to the USA.

I zero evidence that:

General Motors is going to bring Buick and Cadillac manufacturing back to the USA, from China, where they sell more cars every year than here.
Kohler is going to bring bathtub, sink, and faucet manufacturing back to the USA, from China, where they have 10 factories.
Lincoln Welders is going to bring welder, electrode, and parts production back from China, where they have a half dozen factories
Caterpillar is going to bring parts and machine manufacturing back from China, where they have at least 8 factories.
I could go on for a page or two, listing big US brand names that have factories there, that are NOT moving. Apple, Nike, Black and Decker, Briggs and Stratton, Dell, Intel, Olin, Samsonite, Tupperware, Xerox, and on and on.

Aint happening.

Some non-consumer goods that have strategic importance, and high costs, may come back.
But nuts and bolts, shoelaces, T shirts, spatulas and BBQs, sneakers and ballpoint pens, cigarrette lighters, plastic gas cans?

You dreamin.

This guy needs to go.
Apparently Don is sleeping.......:wink:

BTW this site is awful quiet today, everyone working??

CNC processing is a basic manufacturing method in the modern industry. Many industrial sectors require the CNC to process the components or produce products. At present the biggest issue for the US is the manufacturing no longer existed here. They have been moved to China, Vietnam, India, and other developing countries a long time ago. Although President Trump promised to make the US great again and swear to bring back those manufacturing, it is still a long time for us to wait.

One thing is confirmed that more industries moved back, more orders American CNC factories will get. But when all the industries moved back to the US one day, does American manufacturing has fully prepared for that? Can American workers work very hard like the Chinese workers or Vietnam Workers or India Workers? It is not the competition for labor costs. All the American workers can live a good middle-class life. American workers won’t compete with them for cheap. But the capitalist always thinks about profit and working efficiency.

If you really ever watched the movie <<American Factories>>. You will know the big culture gap between the US and China. Maybe that is also the reason why many low-end and middle-end industries move to China and other third world countries since the beginning of globalization in 2000. I can tell you an example maybe some of you guys know it already. When Apple want to move back some of their supply chains to the US. The biggest embarrassing thing is they even can not find a good supplier to produce the tiny locking screws on the iPhone. And the production capacity of local screw makers is too limited. Just like this pandemic when need more PPE like face mask, face shield, gown, gloves, etc. They suddenly discovered that they even can not make this simple product in the US. Lack of the mask making machine and need to import the materials from China. So I think one day when all the manufacturing shifted back to the US. Can the American manufacturers really prepare for that? I have to ask this. Building a complete supplying chain needs to take a long time. China takes 40 years to achieve that goal and Chinese people are very laborious. Maybe in your eyes that China dis-respect for democracy and have no human right. But could we achieve that goal in 10 years or even 5 years? I hope so.

I don’t want to blame anyone. I post this thread because I really get shocked by an incident. I have an automotive component prototype and medical equipment prototype. During this Epidemic period all the nearby factories and workshops are shut down. So the customer has to seek for help overseas and find suppliers in China. The surprising thing is not only he can find many companies in China can help him to do so, but also some of them are only small companies-Like my company 2fprototypes, only 100 employees here. They can handle CNC / Plastic Injection / Vaccum Casting /3D Printing / Stamping Die etc. Their system integration and engineering analysis ability is really great. The salesman can take care of the business at the weekend. No matter whenever calling or E-mail them, customers always get the prompt response. I want to ask which American company can do so. Yes, you want to bring back the manufacturing but it needs to sacrifice more to earn it back. Rome is not built in one day. America is a great country. It wins the Word War-1 and World War-2. It defeat the Soviet Empire during the Cold War and kill the Japanese Economic Power in the 1980s. US is still the leader in scientific innovation and still have powerful military force on this planet. But the question is whether we can sacrifice more and make more efforts to make the country great again.

I'm not sure where you get your information, but there are plenty of shops here in this country that are very capable of manufacturing anything you've described.
In fact, I stated a few days ago, on another thread, about a major welder manufacturer that recently reshored a major line of pcb's from China because of quality issues.
I think there are a lot of hard working people in this country that are fully capable of doing any job.
I hope that you are able to read and understand my response.

Back