What's new
What's new

How to maintain good health for machinist?

Spyker

Plastic
Hi. I'm working as cnc operator, and wanna ask how to maintain a good health. I'm feeling tired, sleepy, feel pain in legs, bad sleep at night(and day), headaches, head dizzines, impaired coordination and etc.

1. What safety shoes you use? Brands, prices, good for stand, and move long hours, good in hot, and cold conditions, breathing?
Safety clothes, other safety equipment?

2. What can I do in my workplace, or my employer can, and must? Ventilation, air cleaners, recuperative systems, etc? Machine cleaning, maintenance, safety?

3. What is your diet? Calorie intake, food you eat at home, lunch, on breaks? Healthy vs. Unhealthy? Food supplements, vitamins and etc.?

4. What excises you use? Phisical, mental and spiritual activity for better rest and recovery, better energy?

5. I think important thing what is the best schedule for eat, sleep, exercise, time for family and myself, etc. when working 2 - 3 shifts, overtime, work on weekend days?

6. Other suggestions?

Sorry for my english, I hope somebody helps for me.

Thanks.

P.S.: please edit, or move this topic, where it must be. No offense.

I dont follow my own advise as much as I should. But eat less sugar, and more whole foods. Try and convince the boss and get ventilation in there. And sleep is free medicine.

Hi. I'm working as cnc operator, and wanna ask how to maintain a good health. I'm feeling tired, sleepy, feel pain in legs, bad sleep at night(and day), headaches, head dizzines, impaired coordination and etc.

1. What safety shoes you use? Brands, prices, good for stand, and move long hours, good in hot, and cold conditions, breathing?
Safety clothes, other safety equipment?

2. What can I do in my workplace, or my employer can, and must? Ventilation, air cleaners, recuperative systems, etc? Machine cleaning, maintenance, safety?

3. What is your diet? Calorie intake, food you eat at home, lunch, on breaks? Healthy vs. Unhealthy? Food supplements, vitamins and etc.?

4. What excises you use? Phisical, mental and spiritual activity for better rest and recovery, better energy?

5. I think important thing what is the best schedule for eat, sleep, exercise, time for family and myself, etc. when working 2 - 3 shifts, overtime, work on weekend days?

6. Other suggestions?

Sorry for my english, I hope somebody helps for me.

Thanks.

What does this have to do with a Machinist ?

Please try reading, comprehending , and then FOLLOWING the posted rules.

Like not putting "OT" into the topic line.....:nutter:

yes it sounds like you should start with your physician first, as you may have more serious issues that need to be diagnosed. He should then help you with a diet . You can then work on the other issues.

I could not stay awake at work, poor sleep at night plus migraine headaches.

Neurologist visit result:
Stop drinking coffee as it affects sleep.
Worked! Better sleep at night and alert in the day.

Migraine headaches were from food allergy:
No more bananas and restricted diet reduced the frequency of headaches.

As men age the testosterone levels change and tendons will contract.
For me this result was lower back pain and heel pain.
Stretch the hamstring- touch toes and hold it........painful for sure, better later.
Used to run so started jogging and lost weight. Heel-foot pain gone.
Good Luck, John

English is fine.
I met a woman from Lithuania that was a home care-giver for an elderly man. She could speak Polish, German, Lithuanian of course, and Russian because that was required by the occupiers.

Enough Jim Beam will cure the pain and make you sleep like a rock. #1 chosen cough syrup of machinists everywhere

If possible while the machine is running do some simple stretching exercises. Like touch your toes. bend side to side, bounce on your toes, etc. Just to keep you from getting stiff.
For some reason I remember the Israel military exercise routine is considered a good basic plan and has been for decades. I am sure it has changed over the years. You might search for IDF workout in whatever languages you feel most comfortable with.
The one below is based on the IDF plan with pictures and not to much equipment. Some of this can be done at work while watching the machines cutting"?

Bill D.

Former IDF Soldier's Military-Inspired Workout Plan Can Help You Get Cut - AskMen.

I was having problems with staying enthused. I started taking Mycoxafloppin and everything is better now.

First you must eliminate stress

If you want to be sick go to a doctor

If you want permanent health damage or death go to a hospital

Do not eat any food product with corn syrup listed as an ingredient

Only drink good water

Do not do repetitive motion at work as it causes permanent damage to your body, look up ergonomics

Keep your weight 20 pounds over recommended

Do not take any prescription medication unless you will die in 14 days if you don't take it

This generally applies to people in the USA

I think the US is 3 from the bottom for the absolute worse health care in the world

Back to stress, don't have children

That will give you a good start

I fully agree the USA has the 3rd worst health care in the world. Well said, old chap!

That is precisely why you see planeloads of US citizens each day flying off to Cuba, India, Yemen, Afghanistan, Guatemala, and Zimbabwe for medical treatment. It's also very telling that you see clean operating rooms in the USA when it's been well proven in the bowels of Calcutta and Uzbekistan that a filthy scalpel is a happy scalpel.

Plus don't try to shoot a moose with a high power rifle when you are standing in a canoe.

Only a noob would stand up in a canoe and fire a rifle. Experienced hunters will kneel. Who cares if you get your gun wet? The show guns are back home. You have the old sporterized 30-06 with scratches, dents, and little bluing. But when you point the barrel down the water runs out. And its taken more deer than Billy Clinton had dears.

Back