How to post an image on Practical Machinist

• Thread starter Admin5
  • Start date
  • Replies 196
  • Views 111,019
I am trying to get my photo off google photos into a PM message....I

1) found it on photos ...and clicked it to enlarge and fill computer screen

2) copied the url

3) Paste it into the place that it requests the locaton of the pic ...seems to be OK at that point

4) press OK

5) It DOES NOT show in the message i am creating

????

For such a cool website and for a bunch of smart engineers, this has to be the dumbest way ever to load photos….

My first problems in posting pictures here was that they were two big in file size being bitmaps.
Taking them into paint and making them JPEG which is a compressed photo solved this.
I have no idea what the limits are now on file image size.
Pictures take lot, lot a more room than text for the computers behind the screen here and is given to us for free.
I grew up counting bytes and much lower speeds. This we now have is awesome.
Bob

I am asking a simple question, where did all the pix go that we had posted before the change over ?
I had a "Library" of maybe 100 pix, several got re-used on a new topic, was easy to simply pix them from the list.

Or if you use Windows, search for and download IrfanView. It's a free image viewer with resize and several other operations. Been around a long time and AFAIK still regularly updated.
If you use Linux, try gThumb, similar but simpler; resize is in the wrench menu.

If you have Windows, you can right click on your picture and click edit, it will open Paint, resize it and save it!
I have been resizing my pictures to 25%, looks to be a good size for this forum?

Kevin

Some of the photos that I posted in March have gone missing from the posts. The photos are hosted in PM albums. Does anyone know how to fix such issues?

Back