What's new
What's new

How will China's new airliner fair?

I opened up the forum and seen this thread a few below the thread about a major train derailment in Ohio. Ironic that we are wondering how an airliner in a developing country will fail when we are failing with 100-year-old technology in our back yard. I don't think this airliner will give A &B a run for their money, they will be paying attention.

I opened up the forum and seen this thread a few below the thread about a major train derailment in Ohio. Ironic that we are wondering how an airliner in a developing country will fail when we are failing with 100-year-old technology in our back yard. I don't think this airliner will give A &B a run for their money, they will be paying attention.
"will give A &B a run for their money".....Am sure I'm missing the obvious but what is "A &B"?

Last edited:
1869 for air brake, 1879 for automatic couplers. So at least 150 year old tech. No that new untested 100 year old experimental stuff.
BilL D

Its not in controlled airspace, Class A tops out at 60kft. And why should we bother wasting any resources shooting it down? China certainly didn’t plan for it to be here, and they also have plenty of spy satellites if they need pictures. Who cares about a stupid balloon? Its like the biggest manufactured crisis for the media.
"certainly didn’t plan for it to be here"........ "Who cares about a stupid balloon?"

Oops...looks like our $Trillion dollar defense department has been asleep at the wheel....

"Chinese Balloon Was Part of Years-Long Spying Program, US Says"​

click on link should get you past the paywall:

If the U.S. wants to send a message forbid export of CFM engines and electronics from the U.S......No more Chinese C919 airliner.

Last edited:
If the U.S. wants to send a message forbid export of CFM engines and electronics from the U.S......No more Chinese C919 airliner.

Let's hope that the leaders of the china government are smarter than senile joe & co, otherwise in the long run the US is gonna wish it hadn't started this shit. The lies coming out of washington are disgusting, and the world is too interconnected to play this game. It's like making your mother-in-law an enemy for no reason : in the long run it won't work out well.

btw, Pratt & Whitney has an engine plant in zhuzhou. There are probably others, plus the rooskies. If they have to, china will find an alternate source for engines, just like they will upscale their ic production.

This is all stupid and counterproductive and the US is not smart enough to play this game. We ain't talking drunk boris yeltsin here.

Until this year, the rooskies have been buying pratt and whitneys, just like everybody else. Since sanctions, They now claim they have an amazing home built state of the art jet engine, all ready to manufacture. They even approved funding for the first hundred. My guess is, easily by 20 years from now, the will have excess capacity to sell some to the chinese. Dont hold your breath.

Back