What's new
What's new

How would a shooting war effect manufacturing in Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbter

Diamond
^^^^^
Weeks before the invasion happened, and the UK was flying lots of weaponry to Ukraine, it had to fly around German airspace.
Obviously because Germany didn't want to upset Putin, as they get their gas from him.
But it was said on here, nope, Germany is not dependent upon Russia gas....

Edit - the resident retard posted between...my reply was meant to Guffs

Guess there is a first time for everything with even the Swiss...The news (for what that is worth) is reported the Swiss will break with tradition and join with the EU in sanctions.....
This is more of that slanted propaganda, playing on outdated or innacurate stereotypes. The Swiss have rolled over plenty for ... more than ten years ? They acquiesced to FATCA, they were at the point of turning in Marc Rich (except he conveniently died, could have got very messy for a lot of bigshots, if I wuz a conspiracy guy I'd be adding 2 and 2 here), wasn't there even something about Pinochet's account ? ... Basically, nowadays they are only a secure hidey-hole if your opponents are not real power. They might keep your money secure if Sri Lanka wants it, but not anybody important.

In this case, it's No Big Breakthrough, they're just following the crowd. As expected. Misleading reporting.

crickets

Hot Rolled
More manufacturing related:

Last week the State Department granted approval for General Dynamics to sell $6 billion worth of M1 Abrams tanks to Poland.

General Dynamics shares jumped 4.3% to close at 227.98, also hitting a 52-week high.

You know what would really help? For the President to propose $$Billions in funding to help NATO members upgrade their military equipment.

The old saying goes: tell me who would benefit, and I will tell you who is responsible.

Freedommachine

Hot Rolled
Hey now, China has Christmas too. None of that Jesus and Mary stuff but any holiday in a storm, as they say.

Also two Valentine's Days, traditional and simplified. It's a minefield, I tell ya :(

Oh, you mean Commercemas - x-mas for short. Everyone's favorite commercial holiday.
Yep, it's long replaced Christmas in the US as well.

Although I get the feeling that the Chinese people far more family oriented -not nearly as commercially brainwashed as the average American x-mas consumer.

Dead nuts middle of winter and instead of saving money; " hey, let's all work ourselves into a stress induced frenzy and max out credit cards so we can by useless junk for people we talk to 4 times a year!"

The Chinese have reason to celebrate; they get the contracts to make all the useless junk that Americans frantically run out to buy.

Easter...A celebration of rabbits laying eggs? Yeah, because that makes sense!

Dang it EG you got me goin :soapbox:

Big B

Diamond
Your offer of advertising is rejected due to the misinformation you have been spreading.

I have not sent any PM's nor have I been in any communications with you other than posted exchanges on Practical Machinist. Am sure the website owner can verify that if needed. I'm sure you have been prudent and archived screen shots you felt were objectionable the same as I have.

Again, you seem to use threat of doxing as a way to settle discussions that infuriate you. I would suggest controlling your anger as I fear someone will get hurt or damaged if you continue. At this time I feel you present a threat and possible danger to my family.

As I have told you previously, your research and literal internet stalking of who I am and what my back round is quite flawed. Why not do yourself a favor and simply move on? Cease and desist.

I suggest buying a clue because you obviously don't have one. I never said that you PM'd me. That's all made up shit in your mind.

And if you think that you can troll me for the last couple of years and then just say "cease and desist" and I'll go away you better think again.

If YOU GO AWAY from my posts it's possible that I might stop posting on your posts. But that isn't going to happen today or tomorrow. But maybe some day if you CEASE AND DESIST posting on my posts.

dcsipo

Titanium
If you'd been paying attention you'd have noticed that that has mostly gone away. A Swiss bank account is no longer inviolable, and hasn't been for a while.

Plus the observation stands, knowing this was going to happen for a long time means the people involved would have planned for it.

The thing that to me is funny is, everyone is painting Putin as Darth Vader, a Hitler-level dictator, a madman bent on imposing his will no matter what.

Okay, let's suppose that is true. The man has ICBM's at his disposal. You really want the entire world to gang up on Russia and see what happens ? Extend your imagination a little and conjecture on what Mr Hitler would have done in his last days, if he had nukular weapons and the means to deliver them.

Judging from the western news, I would say we are not going in an intelligent direction.

There is a difference between hiding money in a Swiss bank account (no longer viable on a large scale) and a state holding its foreign reserves in a Swiss bank. The Swiss never ever froze the assets of any country. This is first. Whether you compare Vlad to any prev dictator is irrelevant, We are here and yes he has nukes, he also knows there is no last nuke fired. The chain reaction is unstoppable once one is fired they are all fired.

Scottl

Diamond
Funny how so many act as if this Russia-Ukraine thing was the end of the world as we know it yet virtually ignored the fairly recent China-India clashes, especially since those are both large countries with nuclear weapons and lots of troops.

Easter...A celebration of rabbits laying eggs? Yeah, because that makes sense!
It does make sense ! None of the "christian" holidays really are. Christmas had nothing to do with Jesus, historians think he was probably born in spring, "Christmas" was a pagan holiday celebrating the return of the sun, which the early christians conveniently took over because they couldn't suppress it. Can't lick 'em, join 'em ! Paul was a smart guy. And Easter was a fertility rite, so eggs and bunnies are appropriate :)

China likes Christmas because any holiday is good (although it's not a day-off holiday) and also an excuse for presents. Chinese girls like presents.

The family thing is spring festival.

dcsipo said:
We are here and yes he has nukes, he also knows there is no last nuke fired. The chain reaction is unstoppable once one is fired they are all fired.
Yes ? So ? Put him and his country in a corner from which there is no escape and what do you expect ? You all paint him as an authoritarian dictator madman, what do you think an authoritarian dictator madman would do in that situation ? Do you guys have any interactions with actual humans, or do you just read comic books all day ?

The end game is not to have a glorious wealthy happy democracy in the Ukraine, the end game is to crush Russia once and for all. He knows it, anyone with an IQ over ten knows it. Zo .... you are playing with fire. Same kind as they have on the sun, nukular fusion (or fission, probably wont matter to us.)

Scottl said:
Funny how so many act as if this Russia-Ukraine thing was the end of the world as we know it yet virtually ignored the fairly recent China-India clashes, especially since those are both large countries with nuclear weapons and lots of troops.
They had a rock fight, Scott. Jesus. Both those countries have been around a long time and both have a little bit more brains than the west or Russia. Neither one is particularly aggressive in foreign affairs, unlike the lying sack of shit media claims. Good case for using your own eyes instead of falling for the drum-pounding swill from the Establishment.

These idiots are fucking with the future of the planet and acting like it's some teevee show. You are nitwits to go along with this.

gustafson

Diamond
^^^^^
Weeks before the invasion happened, and the UK was flying lots of weaponry to Ukraine, it had to fly around German airspace.
Obviously because Germany didn't want to upset Putin, as they get their gas from him.

Who said they aren't reliant on Russian gas?

This is the whole problem. Passify Vlad to ensure gas supplies

Pretty basic to the conversation

This is called a 'strawman'

create a false argument to be in opposition to and then knock that straw man down

makes you look good to all your buddies nodding in unison, but unpersuasive

gustafson

Diamond

Sorry, did China roll in with tanks?

India bombard Bejing with cruise missles?

Seriously, not the end of the world. Not like anyone has threatened the use of nukes or anything

Oh, yeah.......

gustafson

Diamond
^^^^^

Oh, and if only people could figure out ways to use, I dunno, the wind, or the sun to get electricity and heat, would not have to give money to despots

Thing that stuck in my mind about oil/gas during one or the other gulf war.

Why are these rich countries such dumps?

Was explained in some commentary in a way that made sense to me.

The government is supported not by taxes paid by citizens, but literally money gushing out of the ground.

So the governments need not respect or care about their citizens. They just need to make a deal with an oil company and the leaders can pocket the money

Look at Russia, it has now been reduces to a raw material exporter, economically a third world country.

They used to have health care, public housing, education.

Now they have gas, no need for anything but a good supply of hookers for the elite

triumph406

Titanium

The clashes have been minor border skirmishes, nothing more.

standardparts

Diamond
This is more of that slanted propaganda, playing on outdated or innacurate stereotypes. The Swiss have rolled over plenty for ... more than ten years ? They acquiesced to FATCA, they were at the point of turning in Marc Rich (except he conveniently died, could have got very messy for a lot of bigshots, if I wuz a conspiracy guy I'd be adding 2 and 2 here), wasn't there even something about Pinochet's account ? ... Basically, nowadays they are only a secure hidey-hole if your opponents are not real power. They might keep your money secure if Sri Lanka wants it, but not anybody important.

In this case, it's No Big Breakthrough, they're just following the crowd. As expected. Misleading reporting.

I just linked the media release for whatever value that has. The last week the media is developing a narrative. Pretty obvious. As far as the Swiss go the EU probably has plenty of clout so there is that.

ManicMetalBasher

Hot Rolled
#1520 Big B
"We are all allowed to talk and think"

Thinking is not your strong point.
Just not born with the necessary equipment.
I welcome the garbage you post, it helps the Trump campaign.
I have been insulted by experts I can tell the difference.
Keep insulting me if you wish.

However :-
Threatening other individual PM members and their livelihood is not acceptable.
Especially those living in North America.
What is worse is the active enjoyment which you appear to obtain thereby.
I believe you have several screws loose.
I expect your behaviour to get worse.
I think you should be permanently banned from PM, starting now.
Anyone share my opinion?

MMB

Trueturning

Diamond
This thing in Ukraine resonates very well for Western democracies and the whole world. I find it acceptable and true to see so much support for Ukraine. We appreciate the sacrifices made for freedom.

This effects business it stagnates so much it idles life and profits made from the efforts of people whether in China, Russia or the West. I think it is clear that a Nuclear armed country especially a super power or the remnants of one armed as such is significant.

Threats have been calculated and stated openly to intimidate and manipulate.

Does anyone want their jobs to stop due to this foolish stuff? No.

I think Ukraine has been coveted and controlled and dominated for centuries usually what happens to Ukraine is hard work and the production of food and now other many things. There in the past there was starvation and genocide of all the people there even Russians.

It is good to see the Ukrainians rally to defend their country. Americans appreciate such spirit as all Western country’s seem now to agree.

I suppose Putin has made some miscalculations.

SteelrFn

Stainless
I read that the FBI is now calling Russians terrorists.
So does that mean Russian mothers are voicing their opinions at school board meetings or is it Russian Grandmothers are taking selfies in their capital?

dcsipo

Titanium
#1520 Big B
"We are all allowed to talk and think"

Thinking is not your strong point.
Just not born with the necessary equipment.
I welcome the garbage you post, it helps the Trump campaign.
I have been insulted by experts I can tell the difference.
Keep insulting me if you wish.

However :-
Threatening other individual PM members and their livelihood is not acceptable.
Especially those living in North America.
What is worse is the active enjoyment which you appear to obtain thereby.
I believe you have several screws loose.
I expect your behaviour to get worse.
I think you should be permanently banned from PM, starting now.
Anyone share my opinion?

MMB

Without free speech, it would be really hard to recognize the morons

It is everyone's responsibility to engage the brain before opening a mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.