What's new
What's new

Howa Strong 1000 - VFD wiring

FieldstoneArts

Plastic
Greetings,

I recently upgraded shops and have gone on a bit of a machine buying spree. Latest acquisition was a single owner Howa Strong 1000. Its in pretty great shape and my only issue is confirming control wiring. I don't have 3ph power in my shop, but I did think ahead and purchase a 10hp vfd to run the Howa. Only hiccup, is no wiring diagram, and lets just say the control cabinet is rough...

Anyone out there have experience with this (or hopefully a manual)? Seems like a fairly simple contractor/single phase latch circuit system, but as I mentioned, for whatever reason, its rough.

Thanks in advance

jdp360

Plastic
With a vfd most of what you see in that cabinet is not going to be used. the vfd is to be connected straight to the motor you intend to power. you will not be able to start and stop the motor with the original buttons on the machine. you can either start it with the buttons on the drive or you can make a pendant box with switches and potentiometers and mount it somewhere on the machine. so there really is not diagram needed.

rons

Diamond
Display a picture of the cabinet. You might get suggestions on where to mount the VFD.
You may be made aware of any electrical controls that the VFD would have to service.
But in your case it looks simple enough to bypass the whole thing.