What's new
What's new

HSMWorks/Fusion 2d pocket stepover radius

Mike RzMachine

Cast Iron
When using the 2d pocket function in hsmworks/fusion cam, does anyone know how to change the radius of the tool path as the tool steps over for the next pass? I prefer this function vs some of the 3d tools for certain simple features, but this stepover radius often fouls things when running in stainless or other materials sensitive to chip load. It commands a tight radius and does not reduce the feedrate, not to lead in feedrate, not to feed optimization feedrate. I've tried varying the minimum cut radius, lead in/lead out radius, sweep angle. none of it seems to affect the radius of these arcs. I know i can switch to morphed spiral with certain geometries, but it seems like this is a simple function and should be able to be adjusted.

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-14 153542.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-11-14 153542.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 22
I haven't ever seen an adjustment for that transition. It's a lame work around but you could draw some contours, offset them and do a trace toolpath to have a bit more control.

You need to use either 2D or 3D Adaptive and then you'll get faster removal and no squacking in the corners!!!!!
I don't even use regular 2D pocketing anymore.

I find 2d pocket useful for finishing certain simple geometries vs the horizontal function. I never noticed it but there is a 'Leads on all finishing passes' box i can select to prevent the squawk on the step to the wall.
Thanks for your feedback,
Mike

Back