What's new
What's new

Hurco Turning centers-Who's got them?

The Fanuc and Haas uses R and C for rounding and chamfering respectively on both, mills and lathes.

Some Fanucs would use 'C' for chamfer and some had to use 'K' for chamfer. I have no idea why the change, but this is Fanuc after all.

IIRC, the intended chamfer direction was also determined by designating a positive or negative value with the C or K. This is similar as you need to specify a positive or negative I or J value for G2 or G3 moves.

Lathe program turning a 2" step on a shaft with .1" chamfer on the nose:

G0 X1. Z0.1
G1 Z0 F.005
X2.0 K-.1
Z-1.0R.2
X3.

Auto any-angle chamfering. I know on Okuma controls it's a G76 that is defined by a K-word. Couldn't tell you what a Fanuc uses.

Truth be told though, I never liked using it. I've always preferred to just write out the individual points instead. Call it me being stubborn and doing things the hard way. (Just like G-coding instead of conversational... ;) ) one benefit to programming the individual points or chamfers and radii, is that I typically slow down the feedrate on the smaller features to give a better "resolution." When using a .01" feedrate, a .03" chamfer only gets 3-turns of the chuck to generate the chamfer. By cutting your feedrate down for those smaller features, you get more definition. It might not be a big deal for a chamfer, but it means more on small convex radii.

Auto any-angle chamfering. I know on Okuma controls it's a G76 that is defined by a K-word. Couldn't tell you what a Fanuc uses.

Truth be told though, I never liked using it. I've always preferred to just write out the individual points instead. Call it me being stubborn and doing things the hard way. (Just like G-coding instead of conversational... ;) ) one benefit to programming the individual points or chamfers and radii, is that I typically slow down the feedrate on the smaller features to give a better "resolution." When using a .01" feedrate, a .03" chamfer only gets 3-turns of the chuck to generate the chamfer. By cutting your feedrate down for those smaller features, you get more definition. It might not be a big deal for a chamfer, but it means more on small convex radii.

That's an awesome point.!

Hurco DXF/Ultipocket Demo - YouTube
This is a video for DXF transfer in a mill. My lathe has not been delivered yet and I was looking for a DXF transfer on a lathe. Do any of you hurco lathe owners have the DXF function on your lathe?

I do.
It works almost the same as the mill. But you then have to enter, the entry and exit face or turn paths. I use it a lot on the mill and lathe, my only complaint is each time you select a line it should highlight in a different color.

Here's a little sneak peak fellas! I received our new Hurco TM8i last week. Finally! More to come on that.

Here it is!
null_zps257755a4.jpg

Great looking Machine. I actually like that darker color. I would love to see some video of it running when you get a chance.

That's some collet rack you got there. Oh wait...there's a nice lookin' lathe behind it. :)

How about a few more shots :toetap:

Great looking Machine. I actually like that darker color. I would love to see some video of it running when you get a chance.

Congratulations, I also like the dark color machines. Now lets see some more photos and maybe a video.

Congrats on the new toy. BTW, I do like the new color better now that you can see it contrasting with other things in the shop. I heard from my rep that there are heavy discounts on all machines still sporting the "Blue" sheet metal.

Back