What's new
What's new

Hurco VC500I Experience?

MSK1983

Plastic
I have been looking at the Hurco VC500I 5 Axis Mill. Good price right now with Hurco wanting to clear inventory this month (October is their year end).

Not alot of information on the web with these machines.

Anybody used one of these? opinions?? Accuracy good on all sides when doing 5 axis positioning? Anybody do 5 axis continuous with them?

I do mostly job shop work, My day job is Manufacturing Engineering Manager in a Aerospace company. Im used to Okuma's, DMG, Makino's but I cant justify those prices.

I do all of my programming with Cad/Cam software so the conversational control provides little value to me.

I'm looking at the Haas UMC500 and Doosan DVF5000 also. Hurco is right in the middle of those 2 with price. This is my first big boy machine so price is a big factor for me.

Does Hurco have good service coverage in your area? I know that has nothing to do with 5X performance, but lack of local coverage is what is keeping them off my shopping list for a small 3X machine.

Yeah the local distributor has a great track record. I have worked with them for years.

Back