What's new
What's new

HVL-H Vertical speed screw stuck

TGS

I recently got my hvl-h running but having an issue with the speed screw that moves the pully up and down to increase/decrease the speed of the spindle. When I originally wired the machine the spindle ran backwards and I turned the speed switch to “faster” (like an idiot). I realized the my L1 & L2 wires needed to be switched and did that. Now the screw is locked and I cannot move/turn it by hand. Looking for any suggestions in getting the screw to turn. The machine is locked in the slowest position right now.

Thanks

Billtodd

There's a good reason for the warnings about changing speed with the phase reversed. :cool:

First, make sure the spindle is running in the correct direction.

One way is to remove the jack motor end cap ( a right pita) and turn the motor by hand until the thing frees up.

You might be able to just get a pair of grips onto the jack screw (with protection against the jaws) then work it free while pulsing the motor button (up in your case)

TGS

I’ll give that a shot. Would that mean the screw should go counter clockwise or clockwise?

Billtodd

Jiggle it back and forth to get the motor worm to release that should get it moving.

Direction wise, lifting the arm makes it go faster so ,with a RHT , clockwise as you look down on it. (Or the other way if that's wrong ;-))

Bill

akube

Nearly the same thing happened to me when I first fired up my new to me HLV-H. In my case it was old grease that kept the worm from turning. A little gentle heat and some back and forth as Bill said and it finally came loose. Mine was also stuck in the slow position. Hope this helps. Alan