What's new
What's new

I bet you cant recognize this spindle nose flange

InTheBay

Plastic
Because neither can I.
64mm ID. BCD 99.8mm, M8 threads, 116mm OD

I bought this old Ozawa screw lathe and am having the darndest time figuring out what hydraulic chuck I can mount to it. They made bone screws for Johnson and Johnson, and I cant find any information on them. It currently runs a manual 3Jaw chuck with a machined faceplate adapter, but I would love to be able to do some semblance of production work on this machine.

pwWGeYW.jpg

It doesnt seem to fit A2-4 or A2-5 (there's no taper in the bore)

cUdVEbT.jpg

64mm ID. BCD 99.8mm, M8 threads, 116mm OD.

The rest of the album is here: Ozawa OMC-230X unknown spindle nose - Album on Imgur

lmMNIwS.jpg

Because neither can I.
64mm ID. BCD 99.8mm, M8 threads, 116mm OD

I bought this old Ozawa screw lathe and am having the darndest time figuring out what hydraulic chuck I can mount to it. They made bone screws for Johnson and Johnson, and I cant find any information on them. It currently runs a manual 3Jaw chuck with a machined faceplate adapter, but I would love to be able to do some semblance of production work on this machine.

pwWGeYW.jpg

It doesnt seem to fit A2-4 or A2-5 (there's no taper in the bore)

cUdVEbT.jpg

64mm ID. BCD 99.8mm, M8 threads, 116mm OD.

The rest of the album is here: Ozawa OMC-230X unknown spindle nose - Album on Imgur

lmMNIwS.jpg

Wow, wow, wow! I used to work on this very machine when I worked at Synthes in Monument, CO. (Pre J&J). We had a half dozen of these machines. If these are the same machines, they had an adapter for 3C collets mounted on it. They were already on the floor when I started at Synthes so I don't know exactly what was behind the adapter. But they did use extended, long nose 3C collets.
As the story goes, they were sourced from a machine tool customizer that worked out of his garage in rural Japan. He did the initial automation. Not kidding here. I suspect it's true since there was no way we could ever get any help from the MTB or sales reps. At the time, Ozawa did not sell in the states.They ended up on our floor (long story) and we had to make do with what we had. We did not even get manuals other than the Fanuc books. We even had to make parts ourselves.

Paul

This is another one that came out of Synthes. I know because I helped design the parts loading and ejection through the spindle. These machines ran literally 24 hours a day 6 days a week for the 9 years I worked there.

Paul

Ozawa OMC 230X - YouTube

If you cannot get info from the manufacturer, then it's compromise time.
Speak with someone like Royal or Kitagawa, and see what they suggest.
You're going to have to bastardise something... :D

We sourced all of our workholding for these machines through Hardinge.

Paul

Back