What's new
What's new

I got fired, the slacker got me

Sounds like he would have made an excellent attorney. Positive assets in that job, just bitter and twisted in our world
Mark

Sounds like he had an external locus of control.

Bigtime!

Popular vote 3 November may show half or more the US voting population still suffers the same. Those who run what they got. Those who blame somebody else.

It has been trending that way for a long while, already.

Raw material, "incoming QC" - some of it playing their games in our city streets - indicates "always the other guy at fault" is getting worse.

When a bunch of old statues are to blame for screwing up yer whole dam' life?

Damn, would it not be nice we could get the buggers to make war on mosquitos, ticks, horseflies, mice, and sewer rats... instead of voting for them!

:(

Sounds like he would have made an excellent attorney. Positive assets in that job, just bitter and twisted in our world
Mark

Wrong on that count. Fatal flaw, UK or Hong Kong most of all. Researchers do the detailing. Jurist is a tactician and strategist.

That sort of "beetle tracking with a Rigby double rifle" is why the USA is around 12 times as litigeous as either of UK or HKG.

"I'll get a Lawyer and sue your ass!" is a bad thing, not a good thing, for the US.

Proper Solicitors and Barristers make sore-costly hamburger out of that sort of "Lawster".

So do the US jurists that actually ARE "excellent". Head out, up, alert, situationally aware, looking further down the road, eyes on the GOAL.

So the 26’ sailboat is a 1984 Etap 26 that I paid $6500 for about 10 years ago. Found out that the boat had a serious keel problem due to an obvious design flaw. So I pulled it out for repairs. A couple months later I found out I had Prostate Cancer and needed surgery. I hired a guy to finish the repairs. Two weeks into it his wife was killed in a head on collision and I never saw him again. Then the keel got broken putting it back on, right before hurricane Sandy. So this is hopefully the year it goes back in the water.

So the 26’ sailboat is a 1984 Etap 26 that I paid $6500 for about 10 years ago. Found out that the boat had a serious keel problem due to an obvious design flaw. So I pulled it out for repairs. A couple months later I found out I had Prostate Cancer and needed surgery. I hired a guy to finish the repairs. Two weeks into it his wife was killed in a head on collision and I never saw him again. Then the keel got broken putting it back on, right before hurricane Sandy. So this is hopefully the year it goes back in the water.
"External locus" the whole way, yah?

"Obvious design flaw" why TF didja buy it?

Keel "got" broken.

Pilgrim? I f**k shit up, and assuredly I have done, still do, and will do, that's on ME!

And on ME to FIX it, too.

Where the HELL would I be able to HIDE, and whom TF could I BLAME, if even it crossed my mind to WASTE precious TIME in the POINTLESS attempt?

Get your head out!

Or next we hear is:

"Poor Gary GOT drowned.

When his GOT design-flawed GOT half-assed patched boat GOT sunked by the oil tanker he GOT in the path of."

:(

I could pick the bitter twisted resentful ones from a mile off.....they were all flunked out uni students doing part time degrees .....they always treated all the other labourers as sub human ,and scum......Said to Col ,why do you put these guys on?.....He thought he was helping them out ,shoulda heard what they said about him .They would be always cribbing time ,getting some dummy to clock in for them ,so s they could attend "tutorials",stealing anything they could get a couple of bucks for ......And always had an superior opinion of themselves .They never lasted long when I d start riding them......one of these "students" set to paint store on fire,claimed he didnt know thinners was flammable.

Well you couldn't see the design flaw until I took the boat apart. Boats with bad keels seem attracted to me. I had a Hunter 27 that the yard called me when they were pitting it in the water the keel separated from the hull near 2"! I fixed it myself, and I fixed it good. The guy I sold it to sailed it from NJ to Florida and back offshore every year for about 12 years. At 8 years he called me because there was was water in the bilge for the first time. I suspected that the heavy rubber pads I used between the massive stainless plates I had installed, after removing and replacing every rib in the hull. He called and said that was what happened and it was fixed.

Bit of a sad/happy ending to the story. He had a heart problem and everyone said he was crazy sailing alone at about 80 yrs of age. He was getting weaker and decided to sell the boat and deliver it a new owner in North Carolina. They found him dead lying on the beach next to boat in South Carolina. He died doing what he loved.

The term 'living wage' is tossed around so much that people accept it is a useful term. In fact, it's a bullshit term, pure and simple.

There are two reasons for that. First, it's a term that carries with it instant failure. It can only be used in negative light, to somehow give credence to the 'fact' that someone is screwing someone else when it comes to pay. For example, have you ever heard anyone say, "My company overpays me when all I really want is a living wage!"? Of course not.

Second, there is no measure of what is a 'living wage'. I'm amazed at how many people consider 'living' to include a 2 year old Tahoe rolling on 22's, the latest cell phone, lots of beer, cigs, cable TV, a 3/2 in the valley, and 20 restaurant meals per month. It's even worse when they include 'single mother' in the equation....as if some 19 year old who spread her legs should take home $75K/yr working the coke machine at Denny's. Maybe she shoulda found a husband first.

Third, (yes, there really are three, not just two reasons) no one ever said every job should pay a 'living wage'. Plenty of jobs pay enough for you to have beer and cigs and new Nikes while it's understood your aunt with the bad knee will keep a roof over your head and pay all the non-essentials like water, electric, and car insurance.

If I owned a company, the single biggest downside, by far, would be having to employ people and out up with all their stupid shit and complaining. I'm convinced the rise of machines and robots had nothing to do with saving money and everything to do with not having to deal with employees.

Man you need to stop beating about the bush and tell us what you REALLY think!

Back