What's new
What's new

I got some cnc machines

kpotter

Diamond
20230327_130743.jpg
I haven't posted anything in a few years. My shop has grown it used to be all manual stuff. I have made the leap to cnc and it's pretty much taken over the shop. I have 3 haas lathes and 3 haas mills. It's been good. I still have all the manual stuff but I am the only one who runs them except for our lead machinist Tim. We are a tool and die shop we make jewelry dies.

I haven't posted anything in a few years. My shop has grown it used to be all manual stuff. I have made the leap to cnc and it's pretty much taken over the shop. I have 3 haas lathes and 3 haas mills. It's been good. I still have all the manual stuff but I am the only one who runs them except for our lead machinist Tim. We are a tool and die shop we make jewelry dies.
Wow, you really drank the CNC cool-aid.:) (Just joking. I don't see how you'd survive making what you make without it.) Congrats.

++ on stable mats, brilliant things and cheap from the farm supplies, you seem to be doing well, enjoy it while it’s there, trust me when I say the only thing that’s constant in life is change, ps not my words but wise ones never are!
Well done, I’m a bit jealous tbh you hit it out of the park
Mark

haven't posted anything in a few years. My shop has grown it used to be all manual stuff. I have made the leap to cnc and it's pretty much taken over the shop. I have 3 haas lathes and 3 haas mills. It's been good. I still have all the manual stuff but I am the only one who runs them except for our lead machinist Tim. We are a tool and die shop we make jewelry dies.

Congratulations, Kevin. Happy that you're doing well.

We bought our first CNC in 2000 and we still have the manual machines too. IMO it was less of a re-tooling and more expanding our capacity. Some jobs are better suited to manual, and some to CNC, but honestly sometimes it just comes down to what spindles are busy.

Back