What's new
What's new

I keep hearing that this winter will be bad for manufacturing in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defeat of HRC on 2016 left her supporters crying with inconsolable grief and the arrogant presumed first female President forever branded a LOSER. "Lock her up"?---not in the literal sense, but for HRC and her supporters 2016 continues to haunt them to this day, thier minds consumed by TDS.
Trump in 2024?
Must present a real challenge for the current Administration.
This ain't over by a long shot. At this point a lot of what happens in the next election cycle depends on the intellectual prowess and vindictiveness of New York's Alvin Bragg and that of his handlers.
At this point the last 7 years has been watching Trump the Roadrunner leaving the Democrat Wile E. Coyote very frustrated. Who knows maybe Mr. Bragg will succeed where so many others have failed and dodge the boulder this time.
Gonna be very entertaining episode of Looney Tunes no matter how it turns out.
Now, back to the question--How we doing manufacturing wise in Joey's 2023 America?
Beep-Beep

I don’t mind differences in political opinions but what I really can’t stand is folk who can’t keep track of reality.

Trump literally said the if elected he would assign a special prosecutor and jail clinton.
He said it on national TV.
He also said that his loss would only be accounted by fraud.
I observed both of these statements as an assault on our society.
If you did not then but cry foul now you are simply a hypocrite.
Trump is poison to our body politic.
Good bloody luck if you have hitched your cart to that.

Want to go further- track the decades of frivolous ‘investigations’ launched by the right at the cost of millions of our dollars.
Outrage here stands on weak ground.

I am done with this subject.

Last edited:
Milland you are a blight. Amazing how you push the politics to see how far you can go and get away with. No one is much interested in it.

I show provable truths and disabuse lies. That's my thing, I'm a precisionist.

Some aren't, and demand lies in their lives. Not sure how that works for them, but it doesn't work for me.

I hate to say this but there are bad eggs and useless people on both sides of politics. It is a darn shame but looking nice and making a good speech get some people elected, people who are more harm than they are worth.

The Ukraine thing/war is terrible for Russia and Ukraine, people's children are dying. Finding a resolve is more important than getting even with Putin.

Reclaiming Crimea may even be in the USA's sights... The USA going all in for a non-NATO country may be our ruin.

Now, back to the question--How we doing manufacturing wise in Joey's 2023 America?
Beep-Beep
There's a couple of things that come to mind:

#1 Keep your head down and keep your good employees happy, VERY happy.
#2 Keep your material suppliers happy, VERY happy.
~~~~ Mod Delete - Politcal points see post #2663~~~~~

It is a shame isn't it? But hey, when terrorists and degenerates can burn down someone's property, commit assault, loot, riot and steal - and radical ideologue prosecutors open state that they will not prosecute - or politicians can openly advocate for getting into "good trouble"... No, I do not trust the system or their Soros funded DA's and you shouldn't either; but hey, you do you. Who am I to tell you what to believe?

Nah, they're too busy with terrorist stuff in Georgia and chastising the rest of us for eating meat and driving.
I've served on a couple of juries over the years and while some judges are conscientious and fair many aren't and more than a few modern prosecutors don't care at all about truth and justice, only winning. I've seen many cases that shouldn't have been prosecuted, yet aggressive prosecutors pursued them anyway. Without good jurors examining not only the facts but also their own consciences we'd be far worse off.

The latest flap making the rounds on media is yet one more example of a "justice system" so out of control that we don't seem much different than a banana republic.

I hate to say this but there are bad eggs and useless people on both sides of politics. It is a darn shame but looking nice and making a good speech get some people elected, people who are more harm than they are worth.
Maybe a background check, like when applying for any federal job, is in order before one can run for office.
The Ukraine thing/war is terrible for Russia and Ukraine, people's children are dying. Finding a resolve is more important than getting even with Putin.
Who said it was about getting even with Putin? It is to respect the territorial integrity of any country and live by international norms and laws.
Reclaiming Crimea may even be in the USA's sights... The USA going all in for a non-NATO country may be our ruin.
Yeah, Crimea is within the internationally recognized borders of Ukraine. Is the USA going all in? It is not even close. When they start training Ukrainian pilots on F35s or B2s....yeah, the USA is all in. What is happening now is a small downpayment to keep the Russians out of NATO territory.

I've served on a couple of juries over the years and while some judges are conscientious and fair many aren't and more than a few modern prosecutors don't care at all about truth and justice, only winning. I've seen many cases that shouldn't have been prosecuted, yet aggressive prosecutors pursued them anyway. Without good jurors examining not only the facts but also their own consciences we'd be far worse off.

The latest flap making the rounds on media is yet one more example of a "justice system" so out of control that we don't seem much different than a banana republic.
Sottl,

I thought you all understood how the courts work. The media flap does not change anything. In the US courts, even the most zealous prosecutor can lose the case. The defense and prosecution have the same odds of getting a favorable jury. You can still end up with a judge who calls balls and strikes for or against you. The prosecutor will bring the charges if there is a 50/50 or better chance of winning the case, and the defense will do anything to pick and convince a favorable jury. Maybe you were selected by the defense because they believed you would side with them and be suspicious of the prosecutor. Did that cross your mind?

None of that changed with the jaw flapping on Faux or Most Senseless NBC (MSNBC). In a banana republic or a soviet state, the case is already decided before it enters the court. To complete the PR message.

After WW2 many tried to turn tanks, minus the weight of the turret, into farm tractors etc. Mostly too heavy and compacted the soil damaging the soil for crop production. Also the extra weight causes lousy gas milage.
Some one did try them as forest fire fighting machines with very limited success. Too slow, too heavy for forest roads etc, but good crew protection.
But the russin, and Ukrainian, tanks use a V12? diesel bus engine that started life around 1931. I think the transmisson has improved since then. Still lifetimes of spare parts kicking around to make farm tractors etc.
Early in the war the Ukraine tax office said that any Ukrainian who towed a tank home could keep it and did not have to declare the value for income tax.
Bill D

Twelve months in a Australian prison for a scrappy. Having been founded by prisoners I wonder how bad Australian prisons are. Better or worse then the rest of the world?
BilL D

Lots of tanks converted to makeshift dozers in this country ......post WW2 are unsuitable due to rubber bushed tracks. Tanks like the Matildas had tracks like dragline tracks ...still nowhere near as servicable as dozer tracks ,but better than nothing............now,all the cut down tanks are being restored for the $1M + price tags they sell for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back