What's new
What's new

I keep hearing that this winter will be bad for manufacturing in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an ex US state dept guy talking about the long history of USA supporting the actual Ukrainian NAZI's starting right after WW2 and culminating in the fight there now. This fight has been on the USA's to do list for a very long time it seems.

Here is an ex US state dept guy talking about the long history of USA supporting the actual Ukrainian NAZI's starting right after WW2 and culminating in the fight there now. This fight has been on the USA's to do list for a very long time it seems.
That is an opinion piece, with a peppering of facts.

Will you be so kind as to enlighten us on where he is not factually correct in his article?

It is not the lack of facts, it is an opinion piece, not a factual reporting.
It is quoting Oliver Stone.
it is a fact that Oliver Stone said this or that, but his statements themselves are not facts
It quotes an article in The Guardian about the Ukrainian protests etc, that the Guardian said it is not in dispute, but it is simply an opinion in the guardian.
That you cannot tell the difference between an opinion piece and facts is obvious, but if you wish to convince people of things, you need facts.

It is not the lack of facts, it is an opinion piece, not a factual reporting.
It is quoting Oliver Stone.
it is a fact that Oliver Stone said this or that, but his statements themselves are not facts
It quotes an article in The Guardian about the Ukrainian protests etc, that the Guardian said it is not in dispute, but it is simply an opinion in the guardian.
That you cannot tell the difference between an opinion piece and facts is obvious, but if you wish to convince people of things, you need facts.
Again buddy,
What EXACTLY did he say that was not true? You say it is opinion and Oliver Stone quotes etc. What is EXACTLY his opinion that is not factual. Did he quote something from Oliver Stone that was factually incorrect? You are trying to discredit his info with no facts to back you up. The burden of proof is on you to show he is wrong. Some of his info that I have seen is from declassified CIA documents, I guess those are "opinion" also? This guy is a retired US gov State dept employee and currently is a lawyer. Neither of those screams out crackpot, and I am sure he is WAY more qualified to talk about this due to his personal experience in the matter than any of us "keyboard warriors". So please prove him wrong with FACTS not your standard go to, the ad-hominum.

Last edited:
Again buddy,
What EXACTLY did he say that was not true? You say it is opinion and Oliver Stone etc. What is EXACTLY his opinion that is not factual. You are trying to discredit his info with no facts to back you up. The burden of proof is on you to show he is wrong. Some of his info that I have seen is from declassified CIA documents, I guess those are "opinion" also? This guy is a retired US gov State dept employee and currently is a lawyer. Neither of those screams out crackpot...
Seriously

he gave his opinion of something, it is not a fact, ever
Ever
Seriously
You may agree with his opinion, but that does not convert it into a fact

from your link:

According to noted film director Oliver Stone, quoted in BuzzFeed, the CIA had laid the groundwork for the 2014 coup. Stone compared the Maidan protests, which started in late 2013 as part of a backlash to Yanukovych's pro-Russian, anti-European policies and eventually led to his overthrow, to protest incidents in Venezuela in 2002 and earlier this year.

where are the facts here?

zero
this is an opinion, one you agree, with but that is all

from your link:

According to noted film director Oliver Stone, quoted in BuzzFeed, the CIA had laid the groundwork for the 2014 coup. Stone compared the Maidan protests, which started in late 2013 as part of a backlash to Yanukovych's pro-Russian, anti-European policies and eventually led to his overthrow, to protest incidents in Venezuela in 2002 and earlier this year.

where are the facts here?

zero
this is an opinion, one you agree, with but that is all

Dude, really? It sure sounds like you are saying that if someone states an "opinion" about a FACT then that fact is then no longer true?
Was Oliver Stone mistaken in that the CIA laid the groundwork for Maidan? Are you saying there is no similarity between one gov overthrow to another?
Try again, you can do better.

Dude, really? It sure sounds like you are saying that if someone states an "opinion" about a FACT then that fact is then no longer true?
Was Oliver Stone mistaken in that the CIA laid the groundwork for Maidan? Are you saying there is no similarity between one gov overthrow to another?
Try again, you can do better.
No
It means it is their opinion, unverified by facts
It is not a fact, at all
Ever
Oliver Stone may or may not be mistaken about the CIA laying the groundwork for Maiden, but there are no facts there to support the assertion

No
It means it is their opinion, unverified by facts
It is not a fact, at all
Ever
Oliver Stone may or may not be mistaken about the CIA laying the groundwork for Maiden, but there are no facts there to support the assertion

Let me compare something here. Oliver Stone makes award winning documentary movies. A documentary is something that is documenting actual historical facts. He is not making fantasy / sci-fi movies. You can be sure that Stone is researching the material used in his films for accuracy. And your qualifications to dispute what either he or Michael Springmann are showing in their documentary movies / articles are?

In your post you say: "Oliver Stone may or may not be mistaken about the CIA laying the groundwork for Maiden, but there are no facts there to support the assertion"

WTF kind of bleating gibberish is this? You said he may or may not be mistaken.... That means you do not know one way or the other yet in the VERY SAME SENTENCE you go on like you do know and say there are "there are no facts there to support the assertion" . How can you say there are "no facts" at the same time as "he may be right". I can take Michael Springmann and Oliver Stone at their word UNTIL someone proves them wrong, so far you have done nothing to show either of them to be mistaken.

edit for punctuation

Last edited:
so far you have done nothing to show either of them to be mistaken.
And he never will.

He doesn't agree with you so he eggs you on, much like E.G. and the long gone Norwegian.

BTW, his definition of "facts" is centered on the facts HE thinks are relevant and agree with his line of reasoning.

Your facts are really opinions, dressed up as facts for the prom.

Just roll with it and have a little fun with him.

No there are no facts there, not one
I can see how you get pulled in to all these conspiracy theories, when you cannot understand what a 'fact' is
Someone saying something is not a fact
Someone believing something is not a fact

A famous person saying or believing something is not a fact

Nothing Oliver Stone said in that article was a fact

Zero

So there is nothing to ponder the truthfulness of

"There is a red car in the street in front of my house"
[imagine picture of red car inserted here]
that, one can assume is a fact

"My neighbor is causing too many cars to be parked on my street"
That is an opinion.
There may or may not be 'too many' cars parked on the street
There is no evidence provided that any cars parked on the street are related to my neighbor, nor have I been specific about which neighbor I am speaking of
that is not a fact, it is an opinion
even though there are cars parked on the street[a 'fact']
there is no evidence that there are:
too many
that they are related to ,'my neighbor'
it is nebulous which neighbor I am concerned with

Difference between facts and opinion

"There is a red car in the street in front of my house"
[imagine picture of red car inserted here]
that, one can assume is a fact

"My neighbor is causing too many cars to be parked on my street"
That is an opinion.
There may or may not be 'too many' cars parked on the street
There is no evidence provided that any cars parked on the street are related to my neighbor, nor have I been specific about which neighbor I am speaking of
that is not a fact, it is an opinion
even though there are cars parked on the street[a 'fact']
there is no evidence that there are:
too many
that they are related to ,'my neighbor'
it is nebulous which neighbor I am concerned with

Difference between facts and opinion
Gus...Do you ever socialize with real people?
You know...like at a backyard get-together with a bunch of different personalities and occupations?
Or is your social circle consist only of academic types who hang on every word, of every comment, and dissect each and every sentence for accuracy?
In my world, which obviously is not a world most people aspire to duplicate, often times much of the conversation is absolute bullshit. Which of course pretty much sums up my life.

>>>>>Moderator....and before you give me another strike I'm just trying to understand how a person rolls to avoid pissing anyone off. Otherwise I'll just put another one on ignore to stay out of trouble. <<<<<<

Tp put some USA deaths in proper perspective
Drug overdose 2022=107,000 @2020=93,332 @2019= 72.152
Gun deaths @2021+49,832, Homocides@2021= *21,000
Auto deaths @2021=42,915 @ 2020+ 38.824
Suicides @ 2020=45,571 @ 2021+ 47,646
Cancer @2021=608,570
Covid @2021=415,000
Heart@ 2021=693.000

* I suspect a good number of gun deaths and gun homicides are drug related.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back