What's new
What's new

I keep hearing that this winter will be bad for manufacturing in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loose lips sink ships / big mouths start fights/wars.
Biden and Zelensky seem to have big mouths.
A first big strike on the USA will near wipe us out /the retaliation will nearly wipe out Russia. likely 3 nuc subs within 500miles of the USA mainland with hit power of about 480 warheads. When Russia gets the idea we are going to strike, they will strike first.
5 (perhaps only 3 ) minutes from launch to the first hit, Government people won't have time to shut down their computers. likely that 5 or 6 nucs aimed at DC and one hitting will really mess things up.

Good chance the first strike will hit USA/ Uk, and Germany

How fast do nuclear missiles travel? about 15,000 mphAll of the intercontinental ballistic missiles in the world's nuclear arsenals are hypersonic,

Zelensky asked NATO to preemptive strike, and Ukraine is not a NATO member.
All we need is for a DC bobblehead to say we are considering doing that for bad things to start.

QT News: (Kremlin's official spokesman Dmitry Peskov noted that with a statement like that, Zelensky was calling to start a world war. Peskov urged all countries of the world to pay attention to Zelensky's rhetoric about preventive strikes against Russia. In addition, it is the United States and Great Britain that should be responsible for what Zelensky says, because it is them who guide Kyiv, Peskov added.
See more at https://english.pravda.ru/news/world/154302-zelensky_russia_preemptive/)

Last edited:
Yes, the Budapest Memorandum. It has not been ratified by any state, so it has practically no legal force. Alas.
Not sure what you mean by "no legal force"...

It is correct that there is no absolute requirement for either parties to get into a direct military involvement in Ukraine's defense, but that means that the agreement has no teeth and not that it has no legitimacy.
It does, and Russia has walked all over it multiple times!

Zelensky asked NATO to preemptive strike, and Ukraine is not a NATO member.
All we need is for a DC bobblehead to say we are considering doing that for bad things to start.

QT News: (Kremlin's official spokesman Dmitry Peskov noted that with a statement like that, Zelensky was calling to start a world war. Peskov urged all countries of the world to pay attention to Zelensky's rhetoric about preventive strikes against Russia. In addition, it is the United States and Great Britain that should be responsible for what Zelensky says, because it is them who guide Kyiv, Peskov added.
see more at https://english.pravda.ru/news/world/154302-zelensky_russia_preemptive/)

Buck, you may want to lay off on quoting Pravda or RT as much as possible.

Buck, you may want to lay off on quoting Pravda or RT as much as possible.
Don't know why..what we toolmakers think doesn't really matter much.
It is all just hen's chatter..and when the fox gets in the hen house, little we can do.
The last cluck wins...Ops, the Last cluck also loses..darn.

I think the stock market is somewhat a meter of the world's future...and it is in the dumpster.

It is correct that there is no absolute requirement for either parties to get into a direct military involvement in Ukraine's defense, but that means that the agreement has no teeth
Yes, that's exactly what I meant.
However, Ukraine still would not have been able to service the warheads - the entire Soviet industrial complex for the production of nuclear weapons was concentrated close to the geographical center of modern Russia in order to move these objects as far as possible from the border. Enterprises on the territory of Ukraine produced a nuclear weapon carrier (including the replaced Satan missiles), but not warheads. Therefore, there were no uranium enrichment enterprises, no plutonium production reactors, no plutonium separation and warhead assembly enterprises on the territory of Ukraine.

Still a glimmer of light in the tunnel.​

Beer stocks remain recession-resistant:​

A Scottish woman visiting the U.S. walks into a bar and asks the bartender for a domestic beer. The bartender asks, "Anheuser Busch?"​

The woman, a bit confused replies " It's fine I guess...... Anheuser pecker?"​

Ops, likely get cautioned.. Ignore that joke pls.

Last edited:
However, Ukraine still would not have been able to service the warheads - the entire Soviet industrial complex for the production of nuclear weapons was concentrated close to the geographical center of modern Russia in order to move these objects as far as possible from the border. Enterprises on the territory of Ukraine produced a nuclear weapon carrier (including the replaced Satan missiles), but not warheads. Therefore, there were no uranium enrichment enterprises, no plutonium production reactors, no plutonium separation and warhead assembly enterprises on the territory of Ukraine.

True, but at the start of 1994 Ukraine still held the 3rd largest nuclear weapon arsenal in it's territory.
May not be able to build a new warhead, but certainly had the means to strap one or many onto a delivery vehicle to cause headaches for some.
Some members here are of the opinion that Russia is well within it's right to ignore the treaties signed by a drunken Yeltsin under duress.
They also support Russia's actions based on it's national interest claim, citing NATO membership as the reason for the war.
Well, that's a John Mearsheimer opinion for sure.
But, one must also not forget the other belief professor Mearsheimer holds dear, where he explains why the biggest mistake Ukraine ever made is to relinquish it's nuclear arsenal, therefore opening itself up to an all but guaranteed invasion by Russia.
Seems Mr. Mearsheimer's theory has been validated by Vladimir Vladimirovics ...

May not be able to build a new warhead, but certainly had the means to strap one or many onto a delivery vehicle
Personally, I only know about nuclear weapons from the Internet, but it seems to me that a warhead cannot be usable for 30 years without maintenance. By the end of the USSR, the vast majority of warheads were thermonuclear, they are much more complicated than conventional nuclear bombs. And according to media reports, they require fairly frequent (once every 5-8 years) maintenance.
Although .... You can always hint to the eastern neighbor that no one knows FOR SURE that it will not work :)

QE:(True, but at the start of 1994 Ukraine still held the 3rd largest nuclear weapon arsenal in it's territory.)

Good that so far that use is being voided. It is a darn shame that humans are not smart enough to know dangerous they are.

I think Lewinski should agree to have a legitimate vote for areas to stay in Ukraine or become part of Russia.
The war is likely to go on until the country is leveled, or starts WW3.
There is no winning Ukrain against Russia.. and Russia is not going to tolerate everybody giving Ukrain free munitions forever.

Granted if Ukrain was buying the munitions that would be a whole different story.

.. and Russia is not going to tolerate everybody giving Ukrain free munitions forever.

What can they do about it? Cut off the gas? Done that.

Short of widening the war using conventional weapons and getting their arses kicked big-time by NATO, or firing off a nuke or 2, there's nothing they can do.

I'd HOPE that the strategists had gamed out the response to a tac nuke, and it's immediate and overwhelming, like destroying every single Russian military asset in Ukraine. Not immediately going nuke though and not attacking into Russia itself. And if Russia escalates from there, they were always going to anyway because as WW2 showed, once a country gets going on territorial expansion, they don't stop just because they're asked to nicely.

Lose-lose at that point of course and I hope it doesn't get there. But that decision lies with Putin and nobody else, unless you're supportive of the 'give him everything he wants' line of thinking because that's better than the alternative of him using nukes if you don't.

PDW

Putins waiting on the US midterms ........he s hoping GOP in the box seat will pull support for Ukraine .........latest reports on Trump are that his "stop the steal" shows arent going at all well ......see claimed be babbled baby talk for 1/2 hour and most of the audience walked out.

Latest is that Russia offer for gas to Germany via Nord Stream 2.

Rejected.....

the US of A has the LPG market sewn up!

This is exactly right, although it was going beyond just name calling to threats of violence, doxing and the like.

In addition if it was allowed, every topic would just turn into the same red vs blue type of arguments that can be found many other places and no interesting discussions actually related to manufacturing or machining would take place.

I do have the tools yes, but I would really rather not use them. I'd be much happier if I never had to step in at all. I try to give some leeway, and give a warning in the thread before I do though. I would appreciate it if folks would listen to the warning.
In other words, you are asking members to behave like adults. How dare you impose such unfair restrictions!

It is 109F or 42.7C today. The state of california just sent me over nine text mesages telling me to conserve energy due to chance of overloading the grid. I wonder how many kilowatts those messages took to get to every phone in the state?
Bill D
Sad that California, once a hotbed of industry is now suffering energy shortfalls that can cripple manufacturing due to poor decisions re energy.

Although the title is about energy effects on manufacturing in Europe there is plenty of reason to be concerned about the same at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back