What's new
What's new

I keep hearing that this winter will be bad for manufacturing in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott, you are stating opinion as fact, and that opinion comes from, one place and one place only, the Kremlin.
I am not for nation building, but in viewing that various possibilities for truth, the things you are saying to not resemble them, thus the pushback

Might be of interest regarding the U.S. ability to win war(s).
Yes and acknowledged it's from WSJ--but at least it has attribution/quotes from a current U.S. military officer and is recent...Updated March 6, 2023
“I did not have an idea how to resolve them,” said Lt. Gen. Hinote. “I was struck how quickly China had advanced, and how our long-held doctrines about warfare were becoming obsolete.”

The upside is that, according to the article, the U.S. is still ahead and it seems will be spending more money to upgrade our military---which of course means manufacturing opportunities here in America and Europe.

And that problem has been a long time coming. "Victories" like Desert Storm have convinced many that we and our technology are invincible. The problem is, countries like Iraq are no match for us until we go in on the ground long term, where asymmetrical warfare stifles technological advantage. In a war against a large technologically well equipped foe even superior technology is no guarantee if the opponent has enough of a slightly lesser technology and the will to persist. Add in how severely our military has been hampered by social experiments and high level officers with no practical battle experience or true understanding of warfare and you get an entity nurtured by the idea that war is a football game and the team with the best equipment wins.

One of the greatest shocks was when I saw a documentary about the real Blackhawk Down and one of the young Rangers said they were surprised when the Somalis shot back instead of running from our superior capabilities. That this young man and his fellow soldiers, trained as part of an elite unit went into combat bearing such a naive view does not bode well and I suspect it is worse today based on comments from some on active duty.

PS: That "Russian propaganda" I linked to is a project of Harvard University, not some Kremlin website.

Scott, you are stating opinion as fact, and that opinion comes from, one place and one place only, the Kremlin.
I am not for nation building, but in viewing that various possibilities for truth, the things you are saying to not resemble them, thus the pushback
Please tell me when Harvard University became part of the Kremlin?

Please tell me when Harvard University became part of the Kremlin?

Scott, if the various conspiracy theories and outright hoo hah you have posted in this thread came from there, it does not say much for the organization. In a quick look, it does not appear so. Now I could probably go through the list of Harvard affiliated organizations and make a pretty good point that it says little about the quality of the information

Why on earth should any country join NATO, when you get NATO benefits by just being on the friend list of the USA.
All the NATO countries should just quit NATO and let the USA pay for everything.
Here is what some countries pay into NATO
Good point. Considering all the goodies Ukraine is getting that's one upside. The downside is if you need boots on the ground to fight whoever invades your country because if you dial 911 NATO troops are unlikely to respond.

One option is to hire a private military contractor.
The U.S. used them in Iraq and I believe the Wagner Group is popular in Africa and other places:
"In recent years, Wagner Group contractors have been deployed across the Middle East and Africa, including to Syria, Yemen, Libya, Sudan, Mozambique, Madagascar, Central African Republic, and Mali"

We are on the brink of Russian retaliation now, I would not like to push past the limit.
Some might say "Who cares we are right"
Putting that on my tombstone won't make me feel better about it.
Stop freaking out; nukes from Russia are most likely saber rattling......

I believe if they try it, Spootine will be dead before the first explosion in the US, and he knows it

I been watching Fox ,love it ..........they call out "The Biden Crime Family" all the time .........Rupert might be needing to pay out another billion when he gets sued for defamation

Russian state TV is now openly stating that Ukraine will win and Ru needs to end the conflict as soon as possible.
They are preparing the public for an inevitable conclusion.

We are on the brink of Russian retaliation now, I would not like to push past the limit.
So when a dictator threatens to use nukes we should always back down?
So Poland, Latvia, Slovakia, France[ok, maybe we let him have France]

So, while I see your point, what exactly is your endgame in this situation?

Except that they are NOT right, and this war need never to have happened. The Warsaw Pact was dissolved over 30 years ago and NATO should have also been dissolved as the threat it was created to face, the Soviet Union, no longer existed. Yet only a few years later, instead of dissolving it or freezing its membership the warmongers decided to EXPAND it, right up to the borders of now non-communist Russia. They knew this was an overt provocation and meant it to be.

Proponents of this "holy war" make much of Putin invading another country yet blithely ignore all the countries the USA has invaded since WWII. These include ...

Cuba, through US trained proxies (Bay of Pigs),
Grenada, Panama, Bosnia, Serbia, Croatia, Kuwait, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Afghanistan, Syria, Yemen ....

There are more but just these few give an idea of the extent of the hypocrisy.

I do hope Russia runs out of enthusiasm for this war.
Seems the USA won't run out of enthusiasm for spreading woke and capitalism, the things Russia and China don't like.
Stand nose to nose long enough and somebody will start throwing punches.
Been there and done that. It's just a simple fact of life.
With USA crime, overdose deaths, and social diversity problems it seems our country is fast going downhill, we may not be the world pace setters.

We are up to over 250 overdose death a day, tent city on the rise, we sure are the leaders in some things.
I hope the USA does not go belly up just to stuff government bozos filling their pockets with under-the-table benefits.

Last edited:
AVE is sharp as and funny to boot :D
Is all just business and handbags.

Wow that guy was spot on! He did not waste words either. I wish I was that good at articulating information.

I think you're onto something there Gus. Give em' France as a peace offering. 😁

Really tho, I couldn't even guess the proper end means here. We don't even know the real narrative, it's impossible to speculate what may be the next chapter.

...Poland, Latvia,Slovakia....Repeat 1945 and Democrat Roosevelt's giv-a-way to Stalin?
Might be part of the unsettled business going on today.

The US government hit its $31.4 trillion debt ceiling —​

Perhaps we should mandate everybody get a second mortgage on everything they own ..and send the money to the government.
Or have enough inflation to make that seem half.

They are both pretty much the same when your $30per only buys $15 worth of stuff.
are we that stupid....Yes.

Proponents of this "holy war" make much of Putin invading another country yet blithely ignore all the countries the USA has invaded since WWII. These include ...

Cuba, through US trained proxies (Bay of Pigs),
Grenada, Panama, Bosnia, Serbia, Croatia, Kuwait, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Afghanistan, Syria, Yemen ....

There are more but just these few give an idea of the extent of the hypocrisy.
whataboutwhataboutwhatabout
If those were wrong, then Putin is wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back