What's new
What's new

I keep hearing that this winter will be bad for manufacturing in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia specifically stated how they would prosecute the war in Ukraine and have fallen short of the worse excesses only due to battlefield advances by defending forces.

One does have to “believe” any source but Russian statements to understand how this war has been fought.

I question the motivation of posters who seem to be supporting a viscous dictatorship. Sorry if that's not to your liking.

You are judging why something is said rather than the content of the message itself. Why not simply ask the motive?

You are acting like any speech that questions what you believe must be from the enemy. How is that fair? Furthermore; how do you know that you're always right? For the past year you have treated nearly everything I say as if it were psychologically dangerous.

You previously said; "When someone tells me who they are, I believe them."

I've spent hours on here describing who I am, you refuse to accept it.

Never will accept people who support insurrection in my country. Never will accept people who support a Russian dictator who invades a neighboring country.

Yeah, I'm good with accepting that about myself.

Good choice. You spend your money on bombing shooting and agent-oranging other people worldwide, China spends their money on trains, water treatment, apartment buildings, factories, hospitals, schools, theme parks, nature reserves, retirement funds, and research.

Good choice, guys. Really good. After pissing away trillions and trillions of dollars on wars that accomplished absolutely nothing, you wonder why the place is falling apart.

Did any of you graduate from the third grade ? Even the ten year old I babysit knows that if he spends his allowance on candy then he has no money to buy toys. It's not difficult to figure out.
You did an excellent job of taking things out of context. Do I applaud spending trillions on arms? No, but the point was that we did not ship all that money out of the country. It was mainly spent here. Machinists like you made armored carriers, jets, and ammo. Engineers like me wrote software for systems, and it did not go to Afghan warlords or people. Would I have preferred to spend it on health, education, roads, or airports? You can bet your last buck on that. The real point is that even defense spending is a stimulus to the US economy.

Nice try.

A few simple questions, matters of fact not "propaganda" :

How much money and lives did the US spend in Vietnam, and what did it accomplish ?

How much money and lives did the US spend in Iraq and what did it accomplish ?

How much money and lives did the US spend in Afghanistan and what did it accomplish ?

If you had an employee who mucked up 80% of what he touched, what would be the proper way to deal with that situation ?

No propaganda, serious question. If you think that continuing to pursue proven stupid failure methods is the best way to go, that's your right.

Personally, I try to have a more rational approach. None of my thinking involves "foreign propaganda".

One thing different is, I can look around and see what a country can do if it invests in itself rather than military adventures and trying to control the world. It's impressive.

If you would rather see the country go down the toilet following the examples of Greece, Rome, France, the UK, that's your privilege. However, I think it's stupid to continue doing the same thing time after time after time after time after time, but expecting things to "go better next time !"

Yeah right. And tomorrow maybe the sun will rise in the west, to the accompaniment of herds of flying pigs. With lipstick.
How does anything that the US did throughout history change the fact that a dictator invaded its neighboring county that is starting on a more or less democratic path? They reached out to the west for help, and the request was more or less granted. Are you in favor of dictators invading their democratic neighbors? Do you want Xi to invade Taiwan? Are you in favor of North Korea invading the south? If not, how do you prevent it?

You are judging why something is said rather than the content of the message itself. Why not simply ask the motive?

You are acting like any speech that questions what you believe must be from the enemy. How is that fair? Furthermore; how do you know that you're always right? For the past year you have treated nearly everything I say as if it were psychologically dangerous.

You previously said; "When someone tells me who they are, I believe them."

I've spent hours on here describing who I am, you refuse to accept it.
It is not about opposing a war
IT is about repeating Russian propaganda, and then defending that choice
As I have said, repeatedly, there are valid reasons to oppose this war, or any war, but stooping to repeating the rationale of the aggressors is not one of them

I have asked the question, to crickets:
What is your proposed end game?
If we had not supported Ukraine, what exactly do you see Russia's next move as, seeing as there was no pushback?
It is foolish and shortsighted to think Putin would have just stopped, so what is your line where intervention is required?

I dont think Putin,or his inner circle would be so dumb as to put nuclear weapons in Belarus ...there is a very real chance they could be used against Russia......and everyone in the region knows it.

Well it looks like this has been in the pipeline from well before Ru invasion of Ukraine.

Last edited:
It is not about opposing a war
IT is about repeating Russian propaganda, and then defending that choice

Anything that is not the beliefs of you and Milland is "Russian propaganda" ... that's a classic smear tactic, you realize.

It's also bullshit but that never stopped a drum-beater.

It is foolish and shortsighted to think Putin would have just stopped, so what is your line where intervention is required?

Oh My Gawd, you're right ! If we don't stop them now, right now ! all of southeast asia will fall to the communists ! And then ... and then ... well, something bad will happen, I'm sure. John Birch said so ! We must defend our way of life !

Why ?
The last 30 years and about 50 regional conflicts started by the US show everyone that the US attacks those without nuclear weapons.
China has attacked tibet, somewhat, and india and pakistan have had regional conflicts. In 30 years.
Russia with afghanistan.
All the major powers china, india, pakistan together have had 1/10 the wars, than the US, which actually has had no defensive issues in any of the countries.

The US put military bases in polonia (and romania) -- and planned to put them in ukraine.
Armed with US troops controlling US nukes in romania - today.
This is madness.

The russian federation might well put russian nukes in belarus.
I don´t think it´s a good thing, but it might well be the right thing.

The US has about 800 military bases around the world.
China and russia have about 1 each.

The US has shown for 50 years that it likes to put in military bases, and then start military adventures, all over the world.
The US has also shown that it is terrible in administering the territories it has bombed/conquered from iraq, afghanistan, filippines,libya to syria to whatever.

Is one of these countries a shining bastion for peace and prosperity and wealth with great education ?

I dont think Putin,or his inner circle would be so dumb as to put nuclear weapons in Belarus ...there is a very real chance they could be used against Russia......and everyone in the region knows it.

Anything that is not the beliefs of you and Milland is "Russian propaganda" ... that's a classic smear tactic, you realize.

It's also bullshit but that never stopped a drum-beater.

Oh My Gawd, you're right ! If we don't stop them now, right now ! all of southeast asia will fall to the communists ! And then ... and then ... well, something bad will happen, I'm sure. John Birch said so ! We must defend our way of life !
Uhh, yeah, so you say
How about reading my post.

“Might as well consider…”

Iran is an interesting case given their position on Israel.
Who doesn’t hope that the Genie stays in the bottle but that gets more difficult as time passes?
Technology is like that I suppose.
The barriers become less daunting.

QT: Iran is an interesting case given their position on Israel.
likely Iran would/does think it is their duty to blow up Israel.
There's is nothing bullshit about getting blown up or dead..a darn shame that common people get caught up in wars. ..with do-gooders and politicians usually stirring up problems.
Guess we should exterminate anyone who does not eat asparagus.

Electronic billboards in Moscow spooling instructions on what to put in bug out bags today... darn, a big war would likely ruin my day.

Not exactly comforting for anyone..
I used to think I could bug out to my Cheboygan hunting property..But likely if war broke out I would have to walk 175 miles to get there... a really big war would last about 3 days..and then many years to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back