What's new
What's new

I keep hearing that this winter will be bad for manufacturing in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of neural networks….

One of the things which makes my eyes glaze over is thinking about how transportation efficiency changes society.

In a manner communication efficiency via the computer revolution has similarities but simply moving people alters groups and one can question why a government may invest in this sort of infrastructure.

B0CCA59D-2965-4D7E-9B7C-6F28A23379A9.jpeg

Edit- I said “one can question”.

The more accurate phrase is perhaps ‘one can observe’ this investment and recognize why it is made…

Last edited:
You aren't in charge of the US or my tax contributions, go mind your own business or go buy yourself an airplane ticket and a rifle and put your money where your mouth is. Not my money thank you, your money.
You keep saying this, but you're from Congo, what tax dollars do you speak of?

Besides, a dollar today is better than the thousand tomorrow, especially when you're ONLY speaking of money, rather than US servicemen and women.

Besides, a dollar today is better than the thousand tomorrow, especially when you're ONLY speaking of money, rather than US servicemen and women.

I can start worrying about that when them rooskies start walking across the land bridge. At 50 miles a day and about 2500 miles, I figger that's a good 50 days' notice so we can hide them servicemen and women. More if they stop off in anchorage to whoop it up a little.

The planning for putin's invasion probably started a long time before it happened. Putin was counting on support from the orange criminal when re-elected. Oops.
Maybe Watson could supply some 'people management' solutions?
Oops....

Last edited:
When then the USA declared war against Spain; so they could take Cuba and some island navy bases, which we still own. It was done with a real official declaration of war. Not a unannounced special military operation or surprise attack like Vietnam or Pearl Harbor.
Part of that declaration of war was the Teller and Platt amendments that said the USA would not stay in Cuba after the war was over and settled. Amazing for today we honored out beliefs and left Cuba alone afterwards.
Bill D.

When then the USA declared war against Spain; so they could take Cuba and some island navy bases, which we still own. It was done with a real official declaration of war. Not a unannounced special military operation or surprise attack like Vietnam or Pearl Harbor.
Part of that declaration of war was the Teller and Platt amendments that said the USA would not stay in Cuba after the war was over and settled. Amazing for today we honored out beliefs and left Cuba alone afterwards.
Bill D.

"Manufacturing In America and Europe"...Probably years too late for America to engage in any kind of meaningful business in Cuba 'cause it looks like China has already wrapped that one up....(along with other countries).

Bill D.

Why did USA declare war? Was it because the Maine blew up in the harbor? Either from accident on ship or the first of many false flags caused by USG. Hard to really say as it was what 1898 or so? But "remember the Maine.... got to get you plebes to go attack something... Rah Rah Rah. That was the unofficial start of US aggression against the rest of the world since we had just filled up the continental US and needed somewhere else to go. :(

"Manufacturing In America and Europe"...Probably years too late for America to engage in any kind of meaningful business in Cuba 'cause it looks like China has already wrapped that one up....(along with other countries).
Have they wrapped it up? At $8.83 for every child, woman, and man in Cuba? Damn! Those Cubans come cheap :). Funny factoid, Cuba has a higher per capita GDP than Mexico. It is the regime that plunders the money somewhere.

Why did USA declare war? Was it because the Maine blew up in the harbor? Either from accident on ship or the first of many false flags caused by USG. Hard to really say as it was what 1898 or so? But "remember the Maine.... got to get you plebes to go attack something... Rah Rah Rah. That was the unofficial start of US aggression against the rest of the world since we had just filled up the continental US and needed somewhere else to go. :(
That one is not on the list. You may want to correct the record.

Here is the record for the current-day US Propaganda.

Have they wrapped it up? At $8.83 for every child, woman, and man in Cuba? Damn! Those Cubans come cheap :).

Well, it's $8.83 per person more than the US has invested there over the past sixty-three years ... not counting however much they spent trying to murder the country's head of state.

Funny factoid, Cuba has a higher per capita GDP than Mexico. It is the regime that plunders the money somewhere.

Is this another place you've never been to but know all about ? The US sanctions couldn't possibly have anything to do with conditions there, eh ? Yet when Ry Cooder spent several months playing music and making a movie, he had a great time and loved the place. Of course the freedom-loving US tried to put him in prison for that, you never can tell when a guitar and some drums will turn on you and overthrow the country, damn communist instruments ! Just another wedge under the door, them trying to destroy our way of life ! It's envy, I tell you ! pure envy !

Well, it's $8.83 per person more than the US has invested there over the past sixty-three years ... not counting however much they spent trying to murder the country's head of state.

Is this another place you've never been to but know all about ? The US sanctions couldn't possibly have anything to do with conditions there, eh ? Yet when Ry Cooder spent several months playing music and making a movie, he had a great time and loved the place. Of course the freedom-loving US tried to put him in prison for that, you never can tell when a guitar and some drums will turn on you and overthrow the country, damn communist instruments ! Just another wedge under the door, them trying to destroy our way of life ! It's envy, I tell you ! pure envy !
The post had nothing to do with the deplorable conditions in Cuba. The irony is the Chinese generosity. When an average Cuban makes less than 2K a year, but the GDP per capita is close to 10K, someone is pocketing something somewhere. Cuba could be a lot more prosperous if they figured out a way to come out of under the sanctions. But hey. the ex-pats have a lot of pull in congress, Communism is a thing that many people are afraid of, and Cuba doubles down on their policies, and so is the US. So what gives?

When an average Cuban makes less than 2K a year, but the GDP per capita is close to 10K, someone is pocketing something somewhere.

Oh cool, they are already following the US model ! Spiffy !

Communism is a thing that many people are afraid of, and Cuba doubles down on their policies, and so is the US. So what gives?

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the american public.

That goes double for our legislators.

Actually, I feel a little guilty for being so harsh on Congress ... they are getting better. Why, just recently they voted to cut off funding for the Iraq invasion. That'll show George W who's the boss !

A nuclear freeze could slow down global warming and 3/4 loss of the USA and the Russian population could help avoid world food shortages.
Likely Russia, China, and Cuba don't like the USA peasants just have too much to say on policy.

In one scenario a war with Russia could be in the planning. I sure hope we are not that stupid but it would not surprise me.

Last edited:
Not to mention that neither the Philippines nor Cuba are not US territories nor States today. It is hard to prove the US is after land and expansion when they never take anything. With Spain and that war it is the easiest explanation that the US was off base with the sinking of the Maine.

Going off half cocked is a more likely scenario and after in it what happened happened. Spain never had that clean of hands anyway after the things which they did in the new world. Many think Spain got off light.
The Philipines have benefitted over time in manufacturing having ties to the West. Whereas a Communist country sometimes might have a harder market. China is a notable manufacturer for sure Cuba would do well to emulate them.

The park in Vallejo California USA had a torpedo tube bronze pice from the Maine. It was impressive to see thick cast or forged bronze bent by the force of the blast. I thought it was pretty well proved it was a coal explosion in the fuel bunker. No explosives.
Bill D

Oh cool, they are already following the US model ! Spiffy !

No, that would be Russia, they've got the USA beat thoroughly in the corruption department:

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the american public.

That goes double for our legislators.

Hey, at least we didn't try to take over a neighbor by marching in with ancient and poorly maintained materiel, and troops who had to buy their own weapons, medical supplies, and uniforms. How dumb is that?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back