What's new
What's new

I landed a new job

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyhlucas

Stainless
Two years at my previous employer was enough. I started looking when they let me buy a Fadal 3016 on Ebay and after we paid for it and were arranging shipping they ordered me to cancel the order and get our money back! So it was back to making, modifying parts with basic handtools. Two years of upgrading controls on worn out bandaided machines. Two years of Chinese junk that you tear down completely to fix all the stuff done badly. Then redesign all the stuff done wrong so it will work.

Got a little more money, a 12 mile drive instead of 36, work from home if there isn’t a need to be in the office. Hourly not salary so no more free overtime. Work 8-1/2 hours four days a week and leave 2 hours early on Fridays. Lots of interesting new automation projects, my preferred diet.

Despite really wanting to say what I think, I
Did NOT burn any bridges because they REALLY needed me, and if this doesn’t work out they’d likely take me back in an instant.

Hope the new job works out well. Is that 24 less miles one way or round trip? With insane gas prices that is an added cash benefit, and more free time.

I read there are MILLIONS of unfilled job openings.

At times, I think it might be nice to be looking. ;-)

But then I wake up!

Oh and more good news. The two best employees from the previous job where I was fired because the slacker told a lie, asked me for a job reference and they both got new jobs for a lot more money.

I was curious about what happened when I was fired, so I asked. No one was told about it. The owner said I had decided to retire, and they were stil paying me royalties! True about royalties.

He still has the two slackers and got a big investment after 7 years of losses. So what did do? Doubled the rented space before he got the work. Same thing he did earlier when a customer paid $250K up front. Following on LinkedIn!

Yeah, we need the return of Covid donny! Or was that putin's orange pet? So hard to keep up with his nicknames...

Sorry. I shouldn't have gone there. Lets not get political. :)
for
Edit: Really. Political debates SUCK ASS. No fun. I like fun... So, no politics. Again, I shouldn't have mentioned it.

I'm always uncomfortable when one of our members makes fun of someone's skin color. That's racist and clearly goes against the teachings of The Doctor Reverend Martin Luther King Jr.

Well, congrats on the new job.

Oil prices came up again, the last time the prices were this high I remember seeing the profit and total sales of Exon/Mobil. It was right at 10% profit on sales of whatever. The same report showed Apple making 25%. People stand in line to get their eyes poked to get the latest and greatest I-phone. Then they bitch and want to nationalize the oil companies for making 10% on $4.00 gas.

How close have y'all been watching that war in Ukraine? What a mess.

I read a news article - if I can find it, I'll link to it - that said Putin might have cancer. Something about a surgeon and a couple doctors that specialize in whatever type of cancer it is making a lot of visits to his residence. I suppose that could explain his behavior. Figures he doesn't have much time left? I dunno.

Oh snd look up "Maxar" satellite images of the war. Crazy stuff. In one of them, you can actually see an artillery piece firing. Big muzzle flash and all that.

How close have y'all been watching that war in Ukraine? What a mess.

I read a news article - if I can find it, I'll link to it - that said Putin might have cancer. Something about a surgeon and a couple doctors that specialize in whatever type of cancer it is making a lot of visits to his residence. I suppose that could explain his behavior. Figures he doesn't have much time left? I dunno.

Oh snd look up "Maxar" satellite images of the war. Crazy stuff. In one of them, you can actually see an artillery piece firing. Big muzzle flash and all that.

There is a level of cruelty in putin's war that we haven't seen in the West since WW2. It does have the feel of a man who cares nothing for the deaths he's causing, perhaps due to madness, perhaps due to due to an absence of empathy.

And sure, it might be his attempt at "immortality while at death's door", but ultimately he'll be remembered by the world as just another monster. The thing is, why do we let these monsters attain power? Why are they not stopped before they become Angels of Death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back