What's new
What's new

I need help identifying an insert holder

nc5a

Cast Iron
I was given a few inserts yesterday and have spent at least 2 hours trying to find a holder for a CERATIP, KW-10, FTK4 cutoff insert. It is a pack of 10 and the only other number on the package is 4002F2 or 4002E2, not sure because the package is ripped where the number is printed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ron

Hi John,
Yeah, I found the insert on line but so far I haven't been able to match it up with the proper holder. Actually I'm not sure if a holder type/style is identified by any of the numbers on the package.

So, if you have a external wedge style cutoff/grooving insert in your hand and there is no number on it how do you determine which holder it will fit?

If you look at the bottom right of page G95 it shows tool holders used with that insert. But you only may be able to get the holder from Kyrocera. Sometimes free is expensive ! I've done the same got a bunch of free inserts then tried to find holders ! I looked in my on line insert ID thingy and did not see that insert.

If you look at the bottom right of page G95 it shows tool holders used with that insert. But you only may be able to get the holder from Kyrocera. Sometimes free is expensive ! I've done the same got a bunch of free inserts then tried to find holders ! I looked in my on line insert ID thingy and did not see that insert.

Thanks for the guidance. I looked at every page and didn't see the holders. And,yes, sometimes free isn't so free, this maybe one of those times. Thanks again.

Ron

Back