What's new
What's new

ID this rotary table?

That would be great Larry, thanks!

Yes, it fits a 1/8”NPT nicely

Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

MMC - and "not only" - have the whole line of Gits Brothers gravity oilers, Lunkenheimer or clones and all manner of sight glasses as well.

That said, if you already have made or purchased the pump oiler to Alemeite Zerk "grease " (but not-only) fitting to use them for oil?

Might be less easily damaged to put one of those in that location instead?

I inherited that with the "Quartet" combo mill, so have gotten used to them and actually LIKE them for easily cleaned and dirt-resistant oiling vs "ball" oilers and Gits cups. Not easily damaged, easily and cheaply replaced if they need to be.

They both start into a standard pipe fitting nicely. Sealant is probably a good idea. Hardinge used natural color wool yarn inside their oil cups to keep stray chips and grit from travelling into the works.

I have two choices, and suggest you take the one with the cap that is the same size as the one you have on the worm shaft, either 5/8" on the left or 1/2" on the right. I don't know if the height matters, except to keep below the table top.

No charge for either one.

Larry

DSC02457 (2).jpg

Larry, thanks again!

The one on the right looks like it'll be a nice match. The center of the threaded hole is about 1-1/2" below the table surface, so it should be fine with the extra height.

I'll shoot you a PM

Thanks!

Now you need to get that John B. Stevens Inc. (or Co.?) name on it for posterity. Have you got an engraver yet? I have some spare Green Model 106 engravers and type that are great for making brass nameplates or even engraving on a finished cast iron surface.

Larry

Heh

I just crammed a vertical bandsaw into my overstuffed garage, and now have no way of getting into, or out of, the front door :-O. I should probably sell some more stuff before I buy another machine (albeit a small cute one like the Green 106)

:)

They both start into a standard pipe fitting nicely. Sealant is probably a good idea. Hardinge used natural color wool yarn inside their oil cups to keep stray chips and grit from travelling into the works.

I have two choices, and suggest you take the one with the cap that is the same size as the one you have on the worm shaft, either 5/8" on the left or 1/2" on the right. I don't know if the height matters, except to keep below the table top.

No charge for either one.

Larry

View attachment 301085
Larry,

I received the oiler a while back but hadn't opened the package till today. I installed it on the table, it fits great and will do the job nicely. Thanks again!

Lee

Back