What's new
What's new

identification of tool

colinfaed

Plastic
Hi,
I've been given this by the widow of the former owner and I want to find out more about it. It looks like you can clamp (A) to the edge of a bench or table and use it as a vice (D), but it also has parts (C&B) that look as though you could fit an electric hand drill in it to use as either a stand drill, or a mini lathe. There are some parts I can't work out any use for. It is aluminium and seems well built. There are no marking on it. can anyone help?

clamp.jpg

Looks like a Zyliss vise. Used to be sold on TV and at trade shows. Goggle will turn up lots of hits, including how-to-use videos and old ads.

If it's the actual Swiss-made Zyliss, it is a useful tool, but much more for woodworking than metalworking. There were/are cheap Asian copies, so you will have to evaluate the origin/quality yourself.

Wow! thanks, I asked quite a few people about it before posting it here and no one had seen anything like it! I will let the lady whose late husband had it know and see if anyone wants to buy it off her, hopefully it is worth something to someone.
Thanks again.
Regards
Colin.

Back