What's new
What's new

Importing & Exporting Programs Using xl Transfer Unit

VHornblower

Plastic
Hi,

We have some Doosan lathes in our machine shop, which we program manually at each console, and now we are trying to import/export programs using an xl Transfer unit. I've updated the machine parameters (ISO, Baud rate, etc), to match the xl unit, and when I do an import from the machine to the xl, I can see that the xl receives the program (the last few lines of code are shown on the xl screen), but the programs don't make it on the USB stick.

I'm using a 4GB USB stick, and when I select the USB-machine option, I can scroll through the USB files on the xl unit, so I don't think it's an issue with the USB.

I've gone over my parameters, but I'm not seeing any obvious changes that I need to make.

Any thoughts?

chad883

Cast Iron
When the machine is done sending and the transfer box is showing the last line of code, press esc on the transfer box. It's been a while but I think that is what you need to do. We changed to a different system that has a more sturdy enclosure.

VHornblower

Plastic
Thanks!

I discovered that the issue was coming from my parameters - I needed to set all the parameters to zero for the channels I wasn't using. Once I did that, the import to USB worked.

However, now when I go to import from the USB to the machine, I'm getting a message that the program is already in use. Not sure if this is another machine setting or not that I need to change.