What's new
What's new

In Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

gravydavy

Hot Rolled
I just learned that Don (Milacron, Admin5, PracticalMan) lost his father today.

I propose a toast:cheers: and an evening of respect as best we can manage it.

Sail on, Milacron Sr. Your son has made a mark on the world, and for the better. Well done, sir.

Just noticed the post in his father's thread a moment ago myself. My condolences to Don and family.

It sounds like Don's dad lived a full life and was "in the game" right up to the very end. That's the best any of us can hope for!

Don,
Please accept my deepest sympathies.

It is the will of God and Nature that these mortal bodies be laid aside, when the soul is to enter into real life; 'tis rather an embrio state, a preparation for living; a man is not completely born until he be dead: Why then should we grieve that a new child is born among the immortals?

Sorry to hear it.
Apparently he lived a full life, may all of us be so lucky.

Don,

Your "pop" sounded like a guy that any one of us would love to have met and spent some time gabbing shop with. Please accept my sincere condolences to you and your family.

Brian

Sorry Milacron. I lost my dad in 1972 and even now I get a pang thinking about him.

What ever I have to say will sound trite because it's all been said before. You will griven so go ahead whether it's mild or devastating. Let it happen in whatever form it chooses to take. Hours or days will go by and then something will trigger a sense of loss. Sooner or later these will fade.

Sooner or later we all will be orphans. Dad would have been 100 this year and Mom 99. They weren't perfect but they were mine and I still miss them. I would have loved to drop an iPad or some other of today's marvels in my Dad's lap and watch him explore it, set it a side, scoff for a few moments, then take it up in irresistable fascination. He was that way when I gave him an HP35. He actually got out the math tables and checked the values the calculater gave against those on the page.

Mom would havbe been scandalized with shows like "The F Word", flabbergasted by home CNC quilting, and enthralled by her now many great-grandchildren.

Anyway, Sorry, Don. You're not alone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back