What's new
What's new

Index B-axis to 45°, but not rotate coordinates.

MazatrolMatrix

Aluminum
Hi!

(Using Mazatrol)

So I have a situation where I have to index the B axis to 45° and mill a slot perpendicular to the Z axis at B0°. However, the machine automatically uses G68 to line up with the tool at a given angle.

So, I want to negate this effect so that I can program easier. As of now I convert all coordinates 45° to mill straight along the path I want, but it can get confusing.

Is this possible in Mazatrol?

Took some figuring to understand you are running an integrex but I think I got it. (horizontal mills also have a B axis)
I don't have experience with your machine but it sounds like something you could easily do in a manual program unit.
Probably leave it at B0 for your mazatrol index and get the tool out, position it, then turn the B, Make your cuts, Turn the B back, end the unit. Hopefully you don't have a bunch of cutting to do but off the top of my head I'm confident this is one way to do it. Kind of what those units are for really.

Took some figuring to understand you are running an integrex but I think I got it. (horizontal mills also have a B axis)
I don't have experience with your machine but it sounds like something you could easily do in a manual program unit.
Probably leave it at B0 for your mazatrol index and get the tool out, position it, then turn the B, Make your cuts, Turn the B back, end the unit. Hopefully you don't have a bunch of cutting to do but off the top of my head I'm confident this is one way to do it. Kind of what those units are for really.
Interesting, so you are saying that rotating the B-axis in a manual unit will not activate G68? Well, it shouldn't really because then it wouldn't be a manual unit. Makes sense.
I'll try it out.

Excellent, it worked.Thanks a bunch.

Back